Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:25 AM   #1
dabellinator
macrumors newbie

Help! Macbook Air Won't Connect to App Store

I need help and can't find a solution anywhere, and I have spent many hours searching. I have a Macbook Air (2011) that is running Mountain Lion (Just 10.8). This morning I used the mac and experienced no issues at all. This afternoon I get on the computer and go to my hotmail account and safari displays it in a way that I don't really know how to explain. It had no images, no frame boxes and just unaligned text everywhere. Ebay was the same. At first, I thought that maybe I need to update things as I haven't done so since I upgraded to Mountain Lion when it first came out. So I went to the App Store and it just tries to load for ages and then eventually states "Cannot Connect to the App Store: An internet connection is required". Clearly I have no issue with the internet as I have been using the same computers internet to try and find a solution.

So then I thought maybe give it a break, so I shut down the computer and left it for a few hours, come back to it and the same problems are still occuring.Just in case it's important I am in Australia.

What I also found interesting is apples own websites help section times out and fails to load in safari.

I desperately need to get this problem solved ASAP to complete my studies for the year. Has anyone experienced the same problem or have a solution for the issue.

Many thanks in advance.
dabellinator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:24 PM   #2
dabellinator
macrumors newbie

After many hours I have now worked out that it isn't my mac that is causing the problem. But rather my connection to the internet. I have tried connecting to my phone and all works. Any ideas?
dabellinator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:30 AM   #3
JoshBoy
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to JoshBoy Send a message via MSN to JoshBoy Send a message via Skype™ to JoshBoy
i have the same issue. Through wifi app store or apple website wont connect, if i teather my iphone they both work. I am with Telstra for both home internet and mobile?????

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help