Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
So I'm indecisive on getting a sleeve or a hard shell rubberized case for my MBA. What's your guys' opinion?

I'm stuck between this and this

Thanks!

Personally I like the sleeve more. I know a case isn't heavy, but it will add some size to the computer and the whole point is its really small and light. I have a sleeve for when I throw it in my bag traveling, but I like being able to take it out when using it on the bus or in the air on the plane.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Personally I like the sleeve more. I know a case isn't heavy, but it will add some size to the computer and the whole point is its really small and light. I have a sleeve for when I throw it in my bag traveling, but I like being able to take it out when using it on the bus or in the air on the plane.

what kind of sleeve do you use?

Qwertylizer

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
Europe
I tend to think that all those cases are very ugly and unpractical so the only option is sleeve. :p

I personally use Knomo's black leather sleeve with zipper on it. It is also for sale in Apple Stores. It's very soft inside and the quality of the leather on top is very solid.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Both...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 79

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Im using a wrapsol and incase sleeve for my air. The Wrapsol adds relatively no weight and thickness to the air while providing the same look as if it were not protected.

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009
I think this is particularly tricky scenario for Air users because you don't want to negate the benefits of the lighter weight/smaller size, but at the same time, most people would like to have something that they feel adequately protects their "investment".

I personally prefer a sleeve, but I can understand the case for a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.