Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
One thing I like about Microsoft Outlook is the ability to mark frequently used mail folders as favorites so that they can be easily accessed at the top of the folders list.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/add-or-remove-folders-in-favorites-HA010354953.aspx

Unless I am missing something this can't be done in Mail. Am I missing something?

If not, can anyone recommend an alternative email client that can do this?

Of course, I could use Outlook for Mac, and I don't rule this out. However, I do prefer the OS X way of having separate clients for mail, address book, calendar, and reminders. Is there another dedicated email client worth considering that does have a favorite folders feature and uses the OS X address book rather than its own address book?

Also, must support MS Exchange, must support conversation views, and must support flagging/starring messages.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
To follow up.....just realised the alternative email client does not necessarily need Exchange support itself. IMAP support would be sufficient. Actually only really need exchange for contacts, calendars, tasks which is supported by OS X.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
One thing I like about Microsoft Outlook is the ability to mark frequently used mail folders as favorites so that they can be easily accessed at the top of the folders list.

There is a similar way to do this in Mail. Go to the View menu and click Show Favorites Bar. Now drag any folder you want up into the favorites bar like I did with "Saved Mail" in my screenshot. You can create as many folders as you want and drag them up there.

Click Hide (to left of my screen) to hide the mailbox list, the you can just click the folder you want from the favorites bar to open that folder.

screenshot21013857am.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.