Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:45 PM   #26
braddick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrottie View Post
I sold my iPad 1 gen 16GB on eBay last year for 250.00 but you have 64GB it should be over 300 on ebay. Good luck.
Surprisingly, and for whatever lame reason, on the iPad first generation, there isn't a big difference in price between the 32GB and the 64GB.

I too picked up a first generation 64GB in excellent condition (actually, pretty near new) with the box/charger for $212. and that was only after looking for a couple of days.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:03 AM   #27
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
Surprisingly, and for whatever lame reason, on the iPad first generation, there isn't a big difference in price between the 32GB and the 64GB.

I too picked up a first generation 64GB in excellent condition (actually, pretty near new) with the box/charger for $212. and that was only after looking for a couple of days.
How does it work for you?
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:07 AM   #28
braddick
macrumors 68030

I had owned the first generation on launch, so wasn't expecting more than the iDevice is capable of delivering.

For light surfing and iTunes video watching it is a wonderful device. It is still running 4.3.5 and I have no plans to update.

I enjoy loading it up without the worry of space (something that concerns me a bit with my iPad3).

At first I wanted an iPad I could toss around and not worry about a scratch or two, but honestly when it arrived I have found myself kind of babying this one too as the condition is equal to my 3.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:17 AM   #29
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
I had owned the first generation on launch, so wasn't expecting more than the iDevice is capable of delivering.

For light surfing and iTunes video watching it is a wonderful device. It is still running 4.3.5 and I have no plans to update.

I enjoy loading it up without the worry of space (something that concerns me a bit with my iPad3).

At first I wanted an iPad I could toss around and not worry about a scratch or two, but honestly when it arrived I have found myself kind of babying this one too as the condition is equal to my 3.
I find myself babying my devices more than I intend on as well. I kind of want something I can toss into a bag, suitcase etc. and not really worry about anything happening to it. I'm looking at something with the same form factor as the mini. I like the wider screen than other 7 inch tablets. It makes for a much better feeling device. Currently looking at a galaxy tab 2 7.7 as my beater device for taking to the gym etc. while my iPad mini will remain a more productive device for when I don't need a laptop.
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:00 AM   #30
Old Zebra
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyjeff View Post
So why do I need a mini? I don't, but I want one. What am I gaining?...Thoughts, experience, etc. appreciated.
Like you, I'm still plugging along with a 1G iPad (64Gb & 3G) while increasingly drawn to a mini. My wife has a 7" Kindle and I find the Kindle's smaller size and lighter weight very appealing. Nonetheless, the 1G has served me well. I use it along with an Apple keyboard in an origami case to offset the need for a laptop. So while my issues with the 1G are few, I do see signs of being left behind...no iOS 6, no iPhoto, etc. I'll probably jump on the mini's next update.
Old Zebra is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad