Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 18, 2013, 05:38 AM   #201
sanook997
macrumors member

This is about as probable as Samsung bringing out a watch device before Apple.......
sanook997 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 07:18 AM   #202
Rafterman
macrumors 6502a

And by "bigger" they don't mean wider, but even more longer. Pretty soon, it will be like having a ruler in your pocket
Rafterman is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:22 AM   #203
MJD Dawg
macrumors 6502

Location: Near the Intersection of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca and N.A. Plates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafterman View Post
And by "bigger" they don't mean wider, but even more longer. Pretty soon, it will be like having a ruler in your pocket
How soon before we hear: "Hey, is that an iPhone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?".
MJD Dawg is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:55 AM   #204
DrStern
macrumors member

Uh Huh...

... I also understand the 5S has been pushed back because of the last minute addition of a suppository case. That way, you can pull the phone out of your ass, just like this story.
DrStern is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:20 AM   #205
Elit3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightarchaon View Post
You cant keep the PPI, Increase the screen size AND keep the same resolution, as apple are unlikely to change the resolution except by doubling it then the PPI has to reduce when you increase the screen size

So as people much better at maths than me have pointed out, the resolution of such a 4.3 inch screen would fall to 303 PPI or thereabouts
Yes I know that. -.- They won't keep the same Res, that would be really stupid of them, and that isn't like Apple. Apple are smart, especially their Marketing, and this would hinder it.
Elit3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:00 AM   #206
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
Yes I know that. -.- They won't keep the same Res, that would be really stupid of them, and that isn't like Apple. Apple are smart, especially their Marketing, and this would hinder it.
if they change the rez, then devs have to code for a third resolution, + existing apps would need to run with borders,

Given the fact a lot of apps STILL havent been upgraded to run on the iPhone 5 full screen, i dont see apple introducing another, different resolution for developers to support so soon.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:49 PM   #207
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustjay View Post
Agreed... Apple has kind of painted themselves into a corner with all of the Retina marketing.
Or not. They were careful to reveal the math and show at its not one PPI or screen size"

So what other boys do is generally moot since it is rather clear they are spec wanking and often that much higher PPI comes with a cost, like battery life
charlituna is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 02:20 AM   #208
loon3y
macrumors 6502a

i like it, the regular 4" display is way too skinny and made the iphone 5 look like a frail long thing stick kind of. just unproportionate with its width and height
Old Jul 19, 2013, 03:54 PM   #209
otismotive77
macrumors 6502

i was really hoping that apple would increase the screen size of the iphone, will have to wait for the iphone 6.
otismotive77 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 06:00 PM   #210
beaniemyman
Banned

i dont think that apple will change the screen size on the last minute, we even saw leaked pictures of the manufacturing process of the iphone 5s (with a 4 inch screen).
beaniemyman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:01 AM   #211
praterkeith
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to praterkeith
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
If that were true, then why did Apple decide to NOT use 4.3 as the iPhone screen size?
I didn't say it was true. Read my post again. "IMO", meaning IN MY OPINION, which makes a 4.3" screen a personal preference therefore it has nothing to do with why Apple did or didn't use it for the iPhone.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:29 AM   #212
Elit3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightarchaon View Post
if they change the rez, then devs have to code for a third resolution, + existing apps would need to run with borders,

Given the fact a lot of apps STILL havent been upgraded to run on the iPhone 5 full screen, i dont see apple introducing another, different resolution for developers to support so soon.
And this source is from where? Maybe that is the reason for delay. Maybe, they hadn't given it to the devs yet. You realise it doesn't take that long to change RES apps. Look at android 100000 different resolutions, and NO BORDERS :O When the first 441 PPI 1080p display released, there was no :O NO! WE HAVE TO TAKE 50 days to change res :O It took, I don't know -1 days, android didn't notice it at all, and you are trying to tell me that Apple the company that is the second most worth in Tech can't do this (As we no, Google is worth more now).
Elit3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:00 PM   #213
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Yet we have seen no leaked pictures of a 4.3" display, while we have evidence that the already in production new iPhone will pack a 4" display. Hard to believe without leaks, and from all the rumors and leaked data we have, it's safe to assume we'll see a 4" screen once again.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 07:06 PM   #214
akbarali.ch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclysm View Post
Can't agree with that. The 4" display is just on the border of the size I want. My 4.3" phones are just beyond that and not as wieldy.
Firstly even i thought that 4.7 inch would be too big to handle but when i held Galaxy s3 (4.8") i came to know its not that bad but also not as comfortable as iphone5 4". if they could remove the bezel or reduce and make it thin enough, then we can have bigger screen and also comfort.
I don't want to lose the comfort of using it with one hand, at any cost! even if i get little less screen size.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 07:11 PM   #215
Toltepeceno
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfx94 View Post
But mt iPhone lives with me. It's gotta fit in my pocket in whatever clothes Im wearing.
I just have to ask, what's up with your pockets? Even with a 5" phone it can fit in any of my pockets and in fact in the 10 year old's pockets. I'm guessing you are from somewhere that tiny pockets is the fad?

I get that not everyone likes the same size, wonderful, but I don't get the "too big for my pockets" complaint.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion