Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

87am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Hey everyone, so I am interested in getting a wall mount for my 42" LG to clean up the appearance. It would be going in a corner area so I'm thinking a swivel arm would be great. Can anyone recommend anything in particular? I've heard good things about Sanus, but they are pretty expensive. Also, would this be a manageable DIY install with the right tools? Thanks!

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Hey everyone, so I am interested in getting a wall mount for my 42" LG to clean up the appearance. It would be going in a corner area so I'm thinking a swivel arm would be great. Can anyone recommend anything in particular? I've heard good things about Sanus, but they are pretty expensive. Also, would this be a manageable DIY install with the right tools? Thanks!

Sanus is a market leader in mounts. I have one in my bedroom install. Love it.

Expensive compared to what? Consider what you're asking a mount to do. To safely hold up a heavy TV for years while staying fast on the wall without sagging or - gods forfend - falling.

OptyCT

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
Monoprice.com

Done and done! You can definitely do it yourself (with the help of a friend). All you need is a studfinder, a drill, a tape measure, and a level.

OptyCT

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
Re: Monoprice

Don't be fooled by the low prices. These mounts are high-quality. I've used one on my 32" bedroom TV for the last 4 years. While you're at Monoprice, be sure and pick up some HDMI cables, too (also very inexpensive, but good quality).

87am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks! Just ordered one from monoprice. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the past and have been very happy, I didn't realize they sound tv mounts.

yauzers619

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
I've got two Monoprice mounts, 1 for a 32" another for a 52" both have been up for two years/

They have been through two large SoCal earthquakes and haven't moved a centimeter.

amarsarin

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
united states
Wall mounts

Tv Wall mounts for all types of tv's lcds in your town.
Wall Mounts give a decorative look to your room and
in variety of sizes and in black color . Its very thin in size.
Wall mounts

amarsarin

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
united states
Waterproof tv

Waterproof tv

Excellent product for the elite and the few

Providing “excellent products for the elite and the few” is the original thought of why we are making waterproof TVs. Think about it, after a long day’s hard work when you are home or after an exhausting journey you are back in the hotel, beside the hot water to wash off the dust from the day, there’s something missing.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I used one of these Cheetah mounts for my bedroom TV and it worked perfectly. Get one that tilts, do not get on that just mounts straight ahead with no movement.

Sniff

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
Another shameless plug for Monoprice....

I've got two.... one for a 42", and one for a 58". Both have been perfect...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.