Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:39 AM   #26
SONiC5
macrumors regular

I find it interesting that I've never recieved an alert about anything else before, in September my area was hit with 2 tornadoes and in October we had a Hurricane (Sandy), but I received the blizzard warning alert which scared the hell out of me because I didn't know what it was.
SONiC5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:40 AM   #27
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exvidious View Post
I was well aware of the storm but I just think it's wrong that I pay $200+ for a service and I don't get options other carriers do.
??? Not sure why this makes sense, Verizon users pay the same (if not more) than you do and can't talk and use the internet at the same time. Additionally I'm fairly certain all carriers offer network specific "perks" for people on contract, that's like saying it's wrong that Burger King gives you a medium fry with your combo while McDonalds gives you a large.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:58 AM   #28
barkomatic
macrumors 68040

This is the type of thing that is annoying 99% of the time but could end up being incredibly useful and critical one day. It's not just about weather alerts -- but other emergency situations as well. If you lose power then your smartphone may indeed become the only functional way to get instructions. At any rate, AT&T is working to bring to their LTE network, so it'll be fine.
barkomatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:27 AM   #29
Exvidious
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
This is the type of thing that is annoying 99% of the time but could end up being incredibly useful and critical one day. It's not just about weather alerts -- but other emergency situations as well. If you lose power then your smartphone may indeed become the only functional way to get instructions. At any rate, AT&T is working to bring to their LTE network, so it'll be fine.
this is pretty much my point. I know that with a blizzard there are alot of other ways to know about it, but what about people with no power? or if it's a different, non weather related, situation? I lost power for 14 days in Sandy and my phone was my only way of getting information.
Exvidious is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone