Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
So after skip hopping 30 day trial after 30 day trial after ip address after ip address I could get out of adobe cs6. I needed an editor and I needed on fast because we were shooting a $800 budget movie (oh yeah big budget for a bunch of 14 year olds directing it) tomorrow. So I did some searching found that windows movie maker sucks so does every other free program that came with our vivitar camcorder and tripod and our sony handycam. Eventually I stumbled accross this program called lightworks. that claimed to have an extremely steep learning curve but very rewarding. Knowing me I took it as a personal challenge and after fighting with the program to even get it to launch and watching a 8 hour tutorial on how to use it. I am pretty much a master.

Were shooting it with a canon L1 just cause thats how I roll at 480p hi-8
plus I was able to get an awesome deal on it on ebay with 3 lenses 25 tapes charger 2 batterys and a shoulder mount for $200 shipped

1034191095_37.jpg

but enough about that off topic but I am just letting everyone know that Lightworks is not to be taken as some crappy freeware. it is a very good tool that is free

and sony vegas can't beat free :D

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I am just letting everyone know that Lightworks is not to be taken as some crappy freeware.

Of course not; it was released in 1989, was being used extensively during the 90s within the BBC, and many top editors including Thelma Schoonmaker use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.