Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
I would MUCH rather buy an Apple product from a Staples over the lack of service, long lines and general disgust that is your average Walmart and Best Buy...good luck finding ANYONE working the Apple counter at the one near me.

The Staples near me people or kind, the store is big, clean and well stocked and there are always several registers open with short lines...oh and the parking lot is bigger and easier to get in an out of.

Not everyone lives near an Apple store and not everyone wants to shop at Walmart, ESPECIALLY the electronics department, ugh.

----------

It wasn't that long ago that Toys R Us was the go to place for computers and computer related items, them and Sears...especially Sears if you wanted and Apple computer :cool: Yep you could get a Mac, new game for your Atari 2600, some Tuff Skin jeans, a set of screw drivers and a new washing machine all in one trip.

I do not get why people still have this elitist attitude about Apple products and where they are sold. Wake up, its the same iPhone regardless of where you bought it and oh, BTW, because you have an iPhone doesn't make you special anymore...my 12 year old son has one too and my 6 year daughter has an iPad....so all you who think you are something special because you use an Apple product, you are in a very BIG group of people.

Yes, we are all special because we use Apple products. Because we are the people who understands what it's all about. Because we probably love using them more than anything else in house. This BIG group of people know what they are buying when they walk into a Apple store or Best Buy or Walmart - a amazingly simple and beautiful product.

Typed on a mac.
By the way, I'm not an iSheep.;)

----------

Sort of. A lot of us remember when Apple products were sold in outlets like Sears and Circuit City. Or more to the point, not sold. A lot of times the Macs on the shelves were unplugged, missing parts, or totally inoperative. Asking a sales clerk about it typically got you a shrug of indifference. This was the reason why Apple opened their own chain of retail stores, where their products could be presented properly. Selling at Staples might be a good thing for those of us without a nearby Apple Store and who already know what we want, but as Apple grows in popularity they have to be concerned that their product image isn't tarnished by poor showings at these retailers.

Yeah, Apple stores serves a great purpose as a place to discover their products, even if you don't buy them there.

Last edited:

florinaonline

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2013
New York
I also read some where that Apple is going to partnering with suppliesoutlet also is this true that they are looking to get supplies outlet online coupons and promo codes for there customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.