Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
Cmd + Click on the Google Drive icon in my Mountain Lion Menu Bar doesn't move the icon. Rather, it selects the icon and displays me the options (preferences and such).

Is this the same behaviour for everyone else and does anyone know how to move it?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Cmd + Click on the Google Drive icon in my Mountain Lion Menu Bar doesn't move the icon. Rather, it selects the icon and displays me the options (preferences and such).

Is this the same behaviour for everyone else and does anyone know how to move it?

It seems I can't move any icons in the menubar using Cmd+ Click. Maybe a 10.8.2 bug?

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Wow, learned something new! :p

I didn't know that you could move the icons in the menu bar. As far as the Google Drive icon, I can't move it either nor can I move any icon to it's left. Can move the other icons tho.

Namtaro

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
I believe you can only move the stock Apple icons, but not 3rd party items. Kinda annoying...

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
I can freely move around the iStat Menu icons. Perhaps it's a section of the APi that developers ignore? Seems odd for a company like Google though.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
has anyone figured this out? I would like to free up space on the menubar. This one is unnecessary for me.

JeffreyCPackard

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2013

Was just trying to do this today. Only change is "Enable Diagnostic Mode" when you SHIFT+Click. No way to move or hide from within the app. Oh well. Though never heard of using a SHIFT+Click before. I was just trying everything out of frustration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.