Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:46 PM   #1
1stBowman
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Epson WorkForce 545 All-in-One Printer

Hi,

I am looking for a printer that I just plug into the wall, turn it on, and than have it connect to a wireless network, without having any physical wires to the printer (like having to physically connect to a least one computer or router).

Is the above mentioned printer completely wireless?

Thanks
1stBowman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:52 PM   #2
sraber
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stBowman View Post
Hi,

I am looking for a printer that I just plug into the wall, turn it on, and than have it connect to a wireless network, without having any physical wires to the printer (like having to physically connect to a least one computer or router).

Is the above mentioned printer completely wireless?

Thanks
That looks like a nice one. Yes, just plug it in and do the setup. It prompts you through the complete setup. The printer can be anywhere in your house, garage, etc. that it can find your network. Enjoy!
sraber is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:31 AM   #3
graydog
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Oklahoma,USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraber View Post
That looks like a nice one. Yes, just plug it in and do the setup. It prompts you through the complete setup. The printer can be anywhere in your house, garage, etc. that it can find your network. Enjoy!
WRONG, sraber..................
I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 and bought an Epson WorkForce 545 all-in-one just before Christmas. I install driver, make connection between MBP and the 545, print one page, and they lose the connection. I have done this 18 times in 10 days. I have contacted Epson support and they gave instructions that were not in the book. They do not always work and even when they do, the two devices lose connection within 10 minutes. I currently have them connected with USB cable. I have my 3rd incident report filed with support and am awaiting an answer. It's a very nice printer, but doesn't work.
graydog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:23 PM   #4
sraber
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydog View Post
WRONG, sraber..................
I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 and bought an Epson WorkForce 545 all-in-one just before Christmas. I install driver, make connection between MBP and the 545, print one page, and they lose the connection. I have done this 18 times in 10 days. I have contacted Epson support and they gave instructions that were not in the book. They do not always work and even when they do, the two devices lose connection within 10 minutes. I currently have them connected with USB cable. I have my 3rd incident report filed with support and am awaiting an answer. It's a very nice printer, but doesn't work.
There will always be some instances of the wireless network not communicating or units with faulty parts. Get them to replace it if the remote function was the major consideration in your purchase.
I have no experience with this model but I do have an Epson XP 400 that has maintained it's WiFi connection for the month I have owned it and I am a satisfied customer.
sraber is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:49 AM   #5
colodane
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
I have the Epson Workforce 845 printer here, which probably has the same wi-fi connectivity hardware/software as your model. It has been in service for 13 months now with out once dropping the wi-fi connection. Easy setup and initial connection to the wi-fi network. It has functioned flawlessly with both my 2011 iMac and my iPad 2. No wires.

Can't offer any technical suggestions, as am pretty clueless about wi-fi configuration issues. But just wanted to give you some confidence that the setup should be able to work. Guess all you can do is to continue to work with Epson on this, as well as hopefully get some good technical advice from others on this list. Good luck!
__________________
2011 iMac 21.5 inch, iPad Mini Retina, iPod Touch 5G, Airport Extreme 6G, ATV 3G
colodane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:22 AM   #6
graydog
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Oklahoma,USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydog View Post
WRONG, sraber..................
I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 and bought an Epson WorkForce 545...................... It's a very nice printer, but doesn't work.
After contacting Epson the 3rd time, I talked to a very helpful Epson employee who found the IP needed to be changed. I did that and it seems to be working flawlessly for the last 3 days. It would have been a big help if that IP info had been included in the guide or maybe it was, and I overlooked it. Anyway, thanks for the help, guys. I would have taken it back if not for your comments and help.
graydog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:09 PM   #7
sraber
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydog View Post
After contacting Epson the 3rd time, I talked to a very helpful Epson employee who found the IP needed to be changed. I did that and it seems to be working flawlessly for the last 3 days. It would have been a big help if that IP info had been included in the guide or maybe it was, and I overlooked it. Anyway, thanks for the help, guys. I would have taken it back if not for your comments and help.
Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy,
sraber is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone using an Epson Workforce (3540 or similar)? Tknull Mac Peripherals 1 Oct 25, 2013 01:38 PM
Epson Workforce WF-2540 - Duplex? jblagden Mac Peripherals 1 Sep 29, 2013 05:41 PM
Unable to Print Wirelessly to Epson Workforce 600 Obsidian6 Mac Peripherals 3 Aug 22, 2013 12:33 PM
EPSON Workforce 610 WIFI Scanner error Bhunt Mac Peripherals 0 Jan 12, 2013 07:29 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC