Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
I am not sure whether this is the right forum to ask, but whatever...

When I draw a straight line with pen and then stroke it with brush (1px, white, solid) it seems wider than 1px (that wouldn't be such a problem), but also looks transparent and not fully white.

Here is a picture:

23uo6xw.png

The upper strokes are just plain drawing with the same pen settings, whereas the bottom line is a 1px stroke of pen line.

It seems that when I draw a really quick line by hand it looks like the pen stroke one. I don't remember having this problem before...

I checked the brush presets, everything seems to be fine without any settings...

(The hardness is set to 100%)

Last edited:

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
I am not sure whether this is the right forum to ask, but whatever...

When I draw a straight line with pen and then stroke it with brush (1px, white, solid) it seems wider than 1px (that wouldn't be such a problem), but also looks transparent and not fully white.

Here is a picture:

The upper strokes are just plain drawing with the same pen settings, whereas the bottom line is a 1px stroke of pen line.

It seems that when I draw a really quick line by hand it looks like the pen stroke one. I don't remember having this problem before...

I checked the brush presets, everything seems to be fine without any settings...

(The hardness is set to 100%)

That is kind of strange. Not sure why it would do that, but I am seeing the same thing.

Try using the pencil tool instead.

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
So it does the same when you try it?

Yeah, the pencil works fine for straight lines, however it's not anti-aliased in curves.

Sorry, I think I misread your post at first.

I did try it and it does the same thing for me. But when you stroke the path, can't you just choose the pencil tool? It comes out fine for me then.

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
Sorry, I think I misread your post at first.

I did try it and it does the same thing for me. But when you stroke the path, can't you just choose the pencil tool? It comes out fine for me then.

I think you read it right, but all I am saying is that when you stroke it with pencil, it comes out non-anti-aliased, whereas the pen stroke is smooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.