Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1
vjaaan
macrumors regular

Transfer video from iPhone to Macbook

Since video is not transferred through Photo Stream, I need to manually copy all my videos from my iPhone 4S to my MacBook Pro (to them copy to my external HD for storage), but in Finder I cannot find my iPhone listed when connect via USB.

I don't want it all uploaded to iPhoto because it is too hard to find the original files on the computer to move them.

How can I get these videos copied where I want them?

Thanks for any help.

----------

When I go into iTunes, it just shows all my music stuff. It does not show a list of my photos or videos on my iPhone. I'm not seeing a way to use iTunes to transfer those videos to my computer, to a folder of my choice.

Thanks.
vjaaan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2
HuggyLowDown
macrumors regular

iPhoto is actually the easiest way. Once you import them onto iPhoto right click the video in your library and click "View original file" (or maybe it says "View in Finder") You can then move it to your external hard drive.
HuggyLowDown is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjaaan View Post
Since video is not transferred through Photo Stream, I need to manually copy all my videos from my iPhone 4S to my MacBook Pro (to them copy to my external HD for storage), but in Finder I cannot find my iPhone listed when connect via USB.

I don't want it all uploaded to iPhoto because it is too hard to find the original files on the computer to move them.

How can I get these videos copied where I want them?

Thanks for any help.

----------

When I go into iTunes, it just shows all my music stuff. It does not show a list of my photos or videos on my iPhone. I'm not seeing a way to use iTunes to transfer those videos to my computer, to a folder of my choice.

Thanks.
That's not how the phone functions, it won't show up in finder and you can't transfer off of the device when connected through iTunes. Luckily, there's a super simple, built in functionality!

Connect the phone to your MBP. Open "Image Capture" (located in Applications, or just spotlight search for it) When you ope in, you will see your phone as the device, and will list all photos/videos on there. Simply select what you want to transfer and where you want to transfer it to and hit export. Done and Done.
Interstella5555 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:41 PM   #4
vjaaan
macrumors regular

Image Capture!! Of course! Now I remember doing that in the past.

Thank you so much!
vjaaan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:43 PM   #5
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjaaan View Post
Image Capture!! Of course! Now I remember doing that in the past.

Thank you so much!
No prob, happy to help.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 05:25 PM   #6
aquadisiac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolisonkeny View Post
There are 2 simple ways:

- Use iPhoto to import your photos/videos when your iPhone is connected to the Mac.
- Use the "Image Transfert" app on your Mac to import your photos/videos from your iPhone to the Mac when your iPhone is connected to the Mac.

And the 3rd way, works only for photos and iCloud. If your iPhone is connected to iCloud and Photo Stream activated, simply go to iPhoto, and your photos will be there (i.e. it only works with photos and not with videos).

Regards,
the post was from 2012 and it was resolved....
Time Capsule
aquadisiac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 05:33 PM   #7
ABC5S
macrumors 65816

This is the second time this poster used a very old thread to post on. 2 out of a total of 3 post isn't bad
ABC5S is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 08:10 PM   #8
PNutts
macrumors 601

I suppose reviving an old thread is a something a lot of folks might do. The part that puzzles me is when one of his two suggestions was specifically eliminated by the OP and the other was already answered. I honestly think some folks don't read past the title.
PNutts is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNutts View Post
I suppose reviving an old thread is a something a lot of folks might do. The part that puzzles me is when one of his two suggestions was specifically eliminated by the OP and the other was already answered. I honestly think some folks don't read past the title.
I honestly don't understand how people find these threads in the first place, and yes, since I clearly answered the question pretty much a year ago there's not really a need to continue to contribute to it.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:23 AM   #10
DavidOdin
macrumors newbie

I think this link could solve all the problem: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083

Perhaps you can read the guide below to provide you more detail information.
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer

Last edited by DavidOdin; Jan 19, 2014 at 07:58 PM.
DavidOdin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2014, 01:41 PM   #11
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidOdin View Post
I think this link could solve all the problem: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083
Of not being able to read?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 08:17 AM   #12
comao
macrumors newbie

Importing videos quickly from the iPhone 4S to a Mac – here are the easy steps.

Step 1, Connect your iPhone to your Mac with its USB (sync) cable
Step 2, Launch the Image Capture app on your Mac
Step 3, Transfers your videos to the Mac

Last edited by comao; Feb 1, 2014 at 07:50 AM.
comao is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2014, 02:44 PM   #13
adamj575
macrumors 6502

there are some very good third party solutions...or of course dropbox would work as well...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 04:00 AM   #14
hfdbd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Importing videos quickly from the iPhone 4S to a Mac – here are the easy steps.

Step 1, Connect your iPhone to your Mac with its USB (sync) cable
Step 2, Launch the Image Capture app on your Mac
Step 3, Transfers your videos to the Mac
In fact, this method is good, here I show you another method to help you transfer your iPhone movies to your Macbook at ease with Coolmuster iPhone iPad iPod to computer transfer tool.

If you are using iOS 5, Apple’s new iCloud allows you to take advantage of Photostream, which will push photos to all of your iOS devices, but that’s limited to 1,000 photos. Despite setting up Find My iPhone, losing an iPhone could mean that you’d lose all of your precious photos and videos. It’s always a good idea to back them up and you can do very easily if you transfer photos and videos from your iPhone to a Mac or PC. Just get help from a third part iPhone to Mac transfer tool to help you.

Last edited by hfdbd; Mar 9, 2014 at 08:46 PM.
hfdbd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2014, 03:44 AM   #15
xsamantha
macrumors newbie

Unhappy having a nightmare

I recently dropped my iphone and as a result the screen has very badly cracked. The iphone still turns on however it doesn't respond to touch anymore. I have connected my iphone to my macbook pro in the hope i can import my videos in some way before it gets picked up today and i lose them forever. I'm currently on image capture as this was the way i was told to transfer them. When im on image capture a message pops up 'please unlock samanthas iphone' obviously i can't unlock the phone how i usually would as the touchscreen no longer works. I was just wondering if there was any other possible way to unlock the iphone via my macbook? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
xsamantha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:42 PM   #16
erkanersoy
macrumors newbie

Is there a way that transfer videos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes?because I cannot install it.

Last edited by erkanersoy; Aug 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
erkanersoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone