Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:52 PM   #26
Hiker
macrumors newbie

I've got the same problem with my iPad. Cannot login to iMessage or Facetime.

I can login to FindFriends but after 5-20 seconds, it always displays a message saying that there is a problem with my apple Id and password and that sign in is required. This occurred with iOS 5 and nothing has changed with iOS 6.

Interestingly, on the same network, all this works with my iPod!

Surfing this and it appears it's a common problem. I've tried the DNS suggestions and setting date/time to automatic and still no go. Argh!
Hiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:41 PM   #27
touchmonkey
macrumors 6502

Had the problem for the first time today with Find My Friends.
Took 5-6 logins for it to work.
Weird.
touchmonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:18 PM   #28
msqueenz
macrumors newbie

The Fix - Facetime & iMessage not working after iOS 6 upgrade

I had the same issue and came across the following:

http://tbreak.com/tech/2012/09/fix-f...-6-in-the-uae/

Simple fix, and everything will begin working immediately.
msqueenz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:45 AM   #29
aldo818
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by msqueenz View Post
I had the same issue and came across the following:

http://tbreak.com/tech/2012/09/fix-f...-6-in-the-uae/

Simple fix, and everything will begin working immediately.
for me in France it doesn t work i m unable to change my region as i ve linked apple match for the music and the docs in the cloud i would loose all it says .

I m able to use imessage and facetime but only with my phone number not with my apple id looking desperate for a fix
aldo818 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:28 AM   #30
Nizam
macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, when I signed out of FaceTime I could not log back in using same apple I'd and password, in the end I had went on apple ID on the website , which said my password had expired !, I reset it , then went back to FaceTime and worked straight away, this solved my issue, hope this help others.
Nizam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 01:08 AM   #31
salazar17
macrumors newbie

I had same problem, new iPad mini and could not activate Imessage or Face Time. I searched all these forums for advice. In the end I deleted my iCloud account (I never use it and as the iPad was new...no data was lost) and then it worked. I had already updated the software and checked the that the timezone was correct.
salazar17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:37 PM   #32
daqieq
macrumors newbie

I tried lots of the suggestions in this thread (I did not change regions as I didn't want to lose data). I also tried something I found on another thread, deleting information from my Apple Id account to try to force the account to update.

What's weird about this issue is that it affects certain devices only, one of two iPads on the same network. So bizarre!

Anyway, what happened for me is that I decided to try "Find my iPad", but when I went out to icloud.com I realized that it was blocked by my DNS server (OpenDNS.com). Realizing that this could be causing the problem, I added this domain to the Never Block list and when I was able to access the site I was able to log in. However, my mac Mini also had an old email address registered in the System Preferences for iCloud, so I had to open Mail (who knows why ...) and then I could log out of the old Apple Id email account and log back in with the new email.

Once both of these things were done I was able to "Find my iPad" on icloud.com and log in to both iMessages and Facetime on the offending iPad.

I'm not sure why it affected one iPad and not the other except perhaps that we needed to authenticate with the 1 iPad whereas the other iPad had already been authenticated before the block on the icloud.com domain went into affect.

Not sure if this will solve anyone else's issue, but since I had searched high and low for a resolution and was about to reluctantly call Apple support (seems like that hasn't worked for others on the forums), I figure this might help one or two other people who have DNS level blocking turned on ...

Cheers!
daqieq is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6