Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skennedy18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Hey I'm on ios7 beta 6 and im still having battery problems. My phone will turn off at 80% and then the drained battery sign will come up. If i wait a couple minutes it will go back to normal. After a couple minutes it will shut off and go back to the drained battery screen. If i plug it in the charger, it will go back to being normal for a while and then it goes back to the normal problem. Does anyone know of anything that can help. I have been suffering with this problem for the last couple days

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Aside from restarting, clearing all settings, and perhaps restoring, have you tried going back to iOS 6 to see if you are still experiencing these kinds of issues (as it seems likely that it could be some sort of battery/hardware type of issue too)?

skennedy18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Can i just click the restore button and will it restore and still be on ios7 beta 6

Magaman

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2009
Battery on my iPhone has been fine, but beta 6 has killed my iPad battery life.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
Hey I'm on ios7 beta 6 and im still having battery problems. My phone will turn off at 80% and then the drained battery sign will come up. If i wait a couple minutes it will go back to normal. After a couple minutes it will shut off and go back to the drained battery screen. If i plug it in the charger, it will go back to being normal for a while and then it goes back to the normal problem. Does anyone know of anything that can help. I have been suffering with this problem for the last couple days

Aside from restarting, clearing all settings, and perhaps restoring, have you tried going back to iOS 6 to see if you are still experiencing these kinds of issues (as it seems likely that it could be some sort of battery/hardware type of issue too)?

This. If you are still experiencing issues, email my Dad Tim Cook at tcook@apple.com.

Say to him you are not a developer and your are experiencing problems with a Beta operating system. I am sure he will understand your frustration and throw you an free dictionary.

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2013
Battery

Last night my phone had about 96% of battery before I went to bed. I woke up at 8 today and it had about 79%. I'm running iOS7 beta 6. Is that normal to lose that much battery? I don't think I've ever lost that much battery percentage overnight when I was on iOS6. Oh and I have an iPhone 5, if that matters.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Last night my phone had about 96% of battery before I went to bed. I woke up at 8 today and it had about 79%. I'm running iOS7 beta 6. Is that normal to lose that much battery? I don't think I've ever lost that much battery percentage overnight when I was on iOS6. Oh and I have an iPhone 5, if that matters.

If it was on iOS 6 that is not normal but since you are iOS 7 betas that is normal. The battery gauge is not reading the battery correctly. It's possibly that your battery is getting old maybe.

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2013
If it was on iOS 6 that is not normal but since you are iOS 7 betas that is normal. The battery gauge is not reading the battery correctly. It's possibly that your battery is getting old maybe.

I have an iPhone 5. I got the phone in mid-April of this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.