Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac4matt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hey guys, is there a way that I can transfer songs from my iPod to my new Mac? The iPod was formatted on my old windows laptop. Can I still transfer them somehow?

mac4matt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Great! Thanks guys. It's about half-way through and seems to be working well (I only have about 6gb of music :).

GDITheman

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2008
Will this work with 3g iphones? I downloaded it, but it doesn't see my iphone to transfer from.

opivy1218

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
TSE, which generation? My 1st gen worked. I'm sure 2nd gens will, but if not just give it some time and I'm sure a new version supporting them will be out.

flightrn911

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
nc
Password protected songs?

So I started using senuti. My friend has an external hard drive which I uploaded song from. My other friend let be borrow his IPOD and I got songs from there. But some songs wont let me play without the password for ITUNES from that person. Is there a way around this?

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
So I started using senuti. My friend has an external hard drive which I uploaded song from. My other friend let be borrow his IPOD and I got songs from there. But some songs wont let me play without the password for ITUNES from that person. Is there a way around this?

not that I am aware of, That is Digital Rights Management which is preventing you from using it.

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
not that I am aware of, That is Digital Rights Management which is preventing you from using it.

yeah. DRM prevents you from using purchased songs from the iTunes store. itunes plus songs should work fine.
but sadly, anything purchased from the iTunes store has to be authorized by the same account as purchased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.