Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
I must be missing something because this should be easy, but what i'm looking to do is split a clip in the Events into two clips.

I'm trying to set up a multicam clip and one of my cameras wont sync up to the others probably because it wasnt in the same room for the first part of its clip. I was thinking if i could make a cut to the clip, then FCP should put it in the right spot for the multicam clip. But the only way i can figure to edit a clip is within the timeline/storyboard section. And the only way i can find to create multicam shots is in the Events section.

what obvious thing am i missing?

thanks!

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
In the event click unto the clip you want to split. A yellow box will surround that clip Find the start and then press "I" on your keypad and find the part you want to split and then press "O" you then will have split the clip. After you have repeated that task do the same in that section.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
In the event click unto the clip you want to split. A yellow box will surround that clip Find the start and then press "I" on your keypad and find the part you want to split and then press "O" you then will have split the clip. After you have repeated that task do the same in that section.

thanks! i'll give it a try when i get home

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.