Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crispy Duck

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2006
Manchester, UK
Key Photo

This update doesn't address the fact that the key event photo chosen in iPhoto doesn't make its way to the events shown on iOS. It used to match up in iOS4 I think... but for the whole of iOS5 and now 6.0 – the key photo shown on iPhones/iPads is the first image from each event – not the key photo chosen in iPhoto.
Annoying, but presumably an iOS bug/omission and not an iPhoto problem.

Is NO ONE at Apple actually using their own software to notice when these little niggles creep in? It's probably the simplest of fixes.

Can anyone tell me where I can report the issue to Apple directly? I've looked through the support pages but couldn't find a bug submission link.

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why did you switch? Lack of faith in Apple to maintain desktop software in an iOS world?

No, not really. It mostly had to do with the way Aperture manages files. I very often need access to my original RAW files for use in other applications (such as Photoshop) and Aperture makes it very difficult to get to them. Lightroom also has a significantly wider range of editing tools, and I much prefer the UI. Adobe just knows how to make better imaging applications than Apple. Aperture is more geared towards the advanced amateur and Lightroom is a full fledged pro app, in my opinion.

It may also be worth noting that I'm a photography student and all of my professors use Lightroom and it is installed on our of our computers.

Also: I wanted to switch to lightroom ever since I first used it when 3 came out, but absolutely dreaded the process of migrating my library. Finally last summer I had had enough with Aperture, Lightroom 4 had just come out, I had a few days with nothing to do, and I decided to just do it once and for all. I didn't migrate the entire library, only the important stuff, but the whole process (including converting everything to DNG) took about 24 hours total. And as you can see I'm using a pretty fast Mac Pro with eSATA drives

Haribokart

Suspended
Sep 4, 2010
UK
Still messes up the organisation of Faces on iOS. Is it that difficult to adhere to the alphabet?

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I took iPhoto off my MBPs recent fresh reinstall. Lightroom and PhaseOne put Aperture to shame, and iPhoto is a cute toy. With limited drivespace, iPhoto is out.

Apple has some serious catching up to do in their os x applications suite.

Kimba

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2009
Ventura County, California

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
DAMMIT! It just got my Mac cleaned up and working normally again after last week's updates. If I wanted nonstop maintenance I would have bought one of those $200 PCs at Costco!

we are heading to that direction

----------

Anyone else have this update break iPhoto? It will launch but I get the sbod and the application freezes. I have a 2011 base model MacBook Pro.

seems ok to me, but i guess previous one was little sh**ty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.