Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannewell15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Hi everyone, posting for some price advice (I have tried searching but nothing specific enough).

I'm thinking about selling my 2006 Macbook 2,1. It's the 2ghz Core 2 Duo model and has 2gb of RAM. It will have a 120gb HDD with a clean install of Tiger (inc. discs) and will be sold with original box and a new style charger.

The case is cracked along the edges where everyone's is and there are a few other hairline cracks but nothing that impedes use.

So my question is, how much do y'all think it's worth/if you were looking for a 2nd hand Macbook, how much would you pay for one as described above?

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
For me....

anywhere between $200-300 tops, and please dont take offense, with reserves. It is not the standard model, having more RAM and a bigger HD than stock configurations I had seen. To me, the Tiger install discs (if original and in box with docs) are a nice bonus. But the marks in the case can discourage some buyers and you maybe have to be open about it, maybe taking some off the price to sweeten the deal, in case of serious buyers.

If selling through an online site, factor in shipping costs/fees

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.