Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:53 PM   #1
cchunk
macrumors regular

iOS 7 battery issue on 4s?

So i know with the latest beta update it fixed a lot of your battery problems. Mine however is the same on my iphone. For some reason My battery will drain pretty fast. But this isn't the big issue. It is that my phone will jump from lets say 70% down to 1%(I literally see it just drop magically) and then dies.

Once it dies i cant turn it on until i plug in a charger which it then turns on back to the 70%. I went back to 6.1.3 last night and then back to beta 4 this morning. Im still having the same issue though. I am gonna just stick to 6. I check the usuge time and it usually says 1 hour only lol. i just want to know if anyone else has had this issue.

Sorry for the long post but thanks to those who took the time to read haha
cchunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:56 PM   #2
bbfc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunk View Post
So i know with the latest beta update it fixed a lot of your battery problems. Mine however is the same on my iphone. For some reason My battery will drain pretty fast. But this isn't the big issue. It is that my phone will jump from lets say 70% down to 1%(I literally see it just drop magically) and then dies.

Once it dies i cant turn it on until i plug in a charger which it then turns on back to the 70%. I went back to 6.1.3 last night and then back to beta 4 this morning. Im still having the same issue though. I am gonna just stick to 6. I check the usuge time and it usually says 1 hour only lol. i just want to know if anyone else has had this issue.

I find it hard to believe that it will just drain right in front of yours eyes, from 70% to 1%!

Have you tried resetting all settings? Restore as new?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:02 PM   #3
cchunk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
I find it hard to believe that it will just drain right in front of yours eyes, from 70% to 1%!

Have you tried resetting all settings? Restore as new?
Im 100% serious when i say that i literally watch it just jump from whatever its at to 1. Ive restored but havent done the reset settings. i couldnt imagine that it would fix it... but i could try
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:04 PM   #4
DavidBlack
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Im 100% serious when i say that i literally watch it just jump from whatever its at to 1. Ive restored but havent done the reset settings. i couldnt imagine that it would fix it... but i could try
Then you have a major battery bug my friend. Have you report your findings to the apple bug reporter?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:05 PM   #5
Armen
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Shift-Restore, set the phone up as NEW. Problem solved
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:10 PM   #6
cchunk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen View Post
Shift-Restore, set the phone up as NEW. Problem solved
If i set up as new would it let be restore from an old back up after? I have so much stuff i dont wanna have to manually download all 129 apps lol
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:15 PM   #7
DavidBlack
macrumors 6502

Quote:
If i set up as new would it let be restore from an old back up after? I have so much stuff i dont wanna have to manually download all 129 apps lol
Don't you have the copy of all the app's on your computer? if not then follow these steps:
  1. Open iTunes
  2. Select File in the Menu bar
  3. Then select devices
  4. Transfer Purchases from "your device name"

I think you problem is when you restored from backup it's usually the culprit in battery drain.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 04:08 PM   #8
Armen
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Just sync your apps with iTunes. That's what I do.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 04:11 PM   #9
ajay96
macrumors regular

I'm running beta 4 on a 4s and I don't see any major issues. I setup as a new phone. Not sure if non devs can do the same though.
ajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7