Any signs of Retina display MacBook Air 13"? - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:25 AM   #26
Psychj0e
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Anybody think the whole macbook air & iPad thing is a bit redundent?

I mean, surely you can do everything you wanted to using an iPod 5th generation & an external blue tooth keyboard.

I've decided that this is how I'm going to work, and I think my productivity is really going to improve because of. I'll have a little computer that's more powerful than some of the supercomputers available just a couple of years ago, in something that barely fits in my pocket. When I need it to do real work, I'll just hook it up to an external keyboard.

Let me know what you think
Psychj0e is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:09 AM   #27
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030
 
NutsNGum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychj0e View Post
Anybody think the whole macbook air & iPad thing is a bit redundent?

I mean, surely you can do everything you wanted to using an iPod 5th generation & an external blue tooth keyboard.

I've decided that this is how I'm going to work, and I think my productivity is really going to improve because of. I'll have a little computer that's more powerful than some of the supercomputers available just a couple of years ago, in something that barely fits in my pocket. When I need it to do real work, I'll just hook it up to an external keyboard.

Let me know what you think
I think you're a troll.
NutsNGum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:30 AM   #28
Psychj0e
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNGum View Post
I think you're a troll.
Try thinking outside the box than just insulting people you disagree with. Really, what do you need a laptop to do that can be done on an iPhone 5?


For example… There are an aweful lot of journalists using an iPhone + bluetooth keyboard for writing up their stories. Think - ten hour battery life, built in camera. Can shoot the photos with it, write up the stories on it, and then email them using it…

http://www.empowernetwork.com/jared0...s-and-writers/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tooth-keyboard

EDIT - oh, I just read through your previous posts. You're a typical angry, porridge eating troll. Sorry I bit, but please next time just ignore a post if you disagree with it.

Last edited by Psychj0e; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
Psychj0e is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #29
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030
 
NutsNGum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychj0e View Post
EDIT - oh, I just read through your previous posts. You're a typical angry, porridge eating troll. Sorry I bit, but please next time just ignore a post if you disagree with it.
Morons annoy me. In most of those posts you described I'm probably responding to someone that's not unlike yourself.
NutsNGum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:58 AM   #30
Psychj0e
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNGum View Post
Morons annoy me. In most of those posts you described I'm probably responding to someone that's not unlike yourself.
Why the personal attacks? You're the troll. I've made a valid point, which I've backed up with examples. You're clearly trolling now.

Also... Do you have to be the stereotype? You could at least make some kind of attempt to write using correct grammar, rather than purposefully give the impression you were dragged up on some porridge-dwelling scheme.
Psychj0e is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:59 AM   #31
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030
 
NutsNGum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychj0e View Post
Why the personal attacks? You're the troll. I've made a valid point, which I've backed up with examples. You're clearly trolling now.

Also... Do you have to be the stereotype? You could at least make some kind of attempt to write using correct grammar, rather than purposefully give the impression you were dragged up on some porridge-dwelling scheme.
Quite, have a pleasant evening.
NutsNGum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #32
Psychj0e
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNGum View Post
Quite, have a pleasant evening.
So anyway, what do you think? Isn't it cool that some people are using an iPhone and an external keyboard in this way?
Psychj0e is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #33
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030
 
NutsNGum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychj0e View Post

Also... Do you have to be the stereotype? You could at least make some kind of attempt to write using correct grammar, rather than purposefully giving the impression that you were dragged up on some porridge-dwelling scheme.
Fixed your grammar there, for you. No charge.
NutsNGum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #34
brentsg
macrumors 68020
 
brentsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
The future is not a few years out. When Haswell CPU hits, they will have the battery power.

Btw, if we are saying a few years out, then Apple has lost the arms race and is in WORSE condition than we thought. Samsung already has the draw on them and will leave them in the dust if it will take Apple a few years to do the same. Samsung already has theirs.
To be fair, all Samsung has is a prototype and for all we know Apple has the same.

We have no idea how acceptable the battery life is for that prototype, nor do we know much else. It's obviously not for sale for a reason.
brentsg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:03 PM   #35
Psychj0e
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNGum View Post
Fixed your grammar there, for you. No charge.
And then ironically replied with a poorly written post! I like you.
Psychj0e is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a way to change Macbook Air resolution to match retina display? bonskovsky MacBook Air 63 Jan 27, 2013 10:07 PM
13-inch MacBook Air. Why not give it a Retina Display? iRobby Wasteland 19 Oct 17, 2012 11:49 AM
Hypothetical Macbook Air: 14 battery life or retina display dingclancy MacBook Air 3 Jul 29, 2012 09:00 PM
Need Help Deciding MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro with Retina Display iRobby MacBook Pro 10 Jul 4, 2012 07:30 PM
Retina Display MacBook Pro and New MacBook Air Includes Thinner MagSafe 2 Power Port MacRumors Mac Blog Discussion 26 Jun 13, 2012 08:37 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC