Any signs of Retina display MacBook Air 13"? - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:25 AM   #26
Psychj0e
Banned

Anybody think the whole macbook air & iPad thing is a bit redundent?

I mean, surely you can do everything you wanted to using an iPod 5th generation & an external blue tooth keyboard.

I've decided that this is how I'm going to work, and I think my productivity is really going to improve because of. I'll have a little computer that's more powerful than some of the supercomputers available just a couple of years ago, in something that barely fits in my pocket. When I need it to do real work, I'll just hook it up to an external keyboard.

Let me know what you think
Psychj0e is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:09 AM   #27
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychj0e View Post
Anybody think the whole macbook air & iPad thing is a bit redundent?

I mean, surely you can do everything you wanted to using an iPod 5th generation & an external blue tooth keyboard.

I've decided that this is how I'm going to work, and I think my productivity is really going to improve because of. I'll have a little computer that's more powerful than some of the supercomputers available just a couple of years ago, in something that barely fits in my pocket. When I need it to do real work, I'll just hook it up to an external keyboard.

Let me know what you think
I think you're a troll.
NutsNGum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:30 AM   #28
Psychj0e
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNGum View Post
I think you're a troll.
Try thinking outside the box than just insulting people you disagree with. Really, what do you need a laptop to do that can be done on an iPhone 5?

For example… There are an aweful lot of journalists using an iPhone + bluetooth keyboard for writing up their stories. Think - ten hour battery life, built in camera. Can shoot the photos with it, write up the stories on it, and then email them using it…

http://www.empowernetwork.com/jared0...s-and-writers/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tooth-keyboard

EDIT - oh, I just read through your previous posts. You're a typical angry, porridge eating troll. Sorry I bit, but please next time just ignore a post if you disagree with it.

Last edited by Psychj0e; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM   #29
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030

Quote:
EDIT - oh, I just read through your previous posts. You're a typical angry, porridge eating troll. Sorry I bit, but please next time just ignore a post if you disagree with it.
Morons annoy me. In most of those posts you described I'm probably responding to someone that's not unlike yourself.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:58 AM   #30
Psychj0e
Banned

Quote:
Morons annoy me. In most of those posts you described I'm probably responding to someone that's not unlike yourself.
Why the personal attacks? You're the troll. I've made a valid point, which I've backed up with examples. You're clearly trolling now.

Also... Do you have to be the stereotype? You could at least make some kind of attempt to write using correct grammar, rather than purposefully give the impression you were dragged up on some porridge-dwelling scheme.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:59 AM   #31
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Why the personal attacks? You're the troll. I've made a valid point, which I've backed up with examples. You're clearly trolling now.

Also... Do you have to be the stereotype? You could at least make some kind of attempt to write using correct grammar, rather than purposefully give the impression you were dragged up on some porridge-dwelling scheme.
Quite, have a pleasant evening.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #32
Psychj0e
Banned

Quote:
Quite, have a pleasant evening.
So anyway, what do you think? Isn't it cool that some people are using an iPhone and an external keyboard in this way?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #33
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030

Quote:

Also... Do you have to be the stereotype? You could at least make some kind of attempt to write using correct grammar, rather than purposefully giving the impression that you were dragged up on some porridge-dwelling scheme.
Fixed your grammar there, for you. No charge.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #34
brentsg
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
The future is not a few years out. When Haswell CPU hits, they will have the battery power.

Btw, if we are saying a few years out, then Apple has lost the arms race and is in WORSE condition than we thought. Samsung already has the draw on them and will leave them in the dust if it will take Apple a few years to do the same. Samsung already has theirs.
To be fair, all Samsung has is a prototype and for all we know Apple has the same.

We have no idea how acceptable the battery life is for that prototype, nor do we know much else. It's obviously not for sale for a reason.
brentsg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:03 PM   #35
Psychj0e
Banned

Quote:
Fixed your grammar there, for you. No charge.
And then ironically replied with a poorly written post! I like you.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air