Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Opposite for me, iPad Mini is superior for me, its pocket sized (big pants, big pockets), i take it everywhere, the iPad 4 however was too large, and the screen resolution makes no difference as the mini is smaller, its pixels are at the so called "retina" resolution anyway (which isn't a PPI, but is measured by the PPI in relation to the distance your eyes are from the device, so an iPhone needs a higher PPI than an iPad does).

Iphone 5 + unlimited data plan, iPad Mini + Unlimted dataplan = perfect carrying computing power.

If however your just sat at home, i can see where the larger iPad screen would be handy, but at home, im using my iMac and its screen is MUCH larger

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I can't stand looking at my iPad 2 anymore after having used my girlfriends Mini for a few months now. When I look at my iPad I think to myself "who the hell ripped off that laptop screen, rotated it and started using it as a tablet." I understand the benefits of the bigger screen but I just can't get that thought of my head now when I look and use the 2.

The weight of the Mini is really pleasant as well. People defend the 2-4 that it's not that heavy and it isn't but the word "light" definitely doesn't come to mind when thinking about it. The Mini is just a joy to hold, it just feels good.

I really hope they put in Retina in the next one this Fall, if they do I'll be pre-ordering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.