Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:05 AM   #26
jutte64
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Coldwater, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
I know. But from now on, you have to activaly remember that you switched DND on for the 'lock state' only, because you get no signal of this. The icon is gone.

I know why it works this way, but the result is simple:

In iOS 6 you can always see instantly whether DND is on/off, in iOS 7 you can't.

That sucks.
You can swipe up on the control center and see if DND is on at anytime you want. If you have it set to come on a certain time (during sleep times) does it really matter if the icon is there or not you should remember when you set it.
jutte64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 01:53 AM   #27
TC03
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutte64 View Post
You can swipe up on the control center and see if DND is on at anytime you want. If you have it set to come on a certain time (during sleep times) does it really matter if the icon is there or not you should remember when you set it.
That's true but before, you were always remembered, and now you're not. No matter what.
TC03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 02:24 AM   #28
C DM
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
I know. But from now on, you have to activaly remember that you switched DND on for the 'lock state' only, because you get no signal of this. The icon is gone.

I know why it works this way, but the result is simple:

In iOS 6 you can always see instantly whether DND is on/off, in iOS 7 you can't.

That sucks.
If DND is enabled in both locked and unlocked mode you will see it in both modes. If it's enabled in locked mode only then you will see it in locked mode only. The icon is there for the states to which it applies to. That seems to be fairly logical.

And you can check on it and change it if you want/need to from the Settings, or even easier now from the Control Center.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 02:39 AM   #29
dontpannic
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
I've been playing with iOS 7, and even though it's a beta, it especially bothers me when features have been removed from iOS 6 that were actually usefull.
Been removed, or not been implemented in pre-release software yet?

What part of this do people not understand? It is the FIRST beta of a major redesign and ground up rebuild pretty much of the core OS and apps. It will take time to get things as they were.

Quote:
What I've found so far:
This'll be good

Quote:
- List view in Calendar is gone, as well as the dots for days with calendar entries
Tap the magnifying glass

Quote:
- Letter scroll in album view (Music)
Will come back

Quote:
- Spotlight search which starts searching before you hit 'search'
Already does

Quote:
- Weather in Notification Center which tells you more than just the weather for the day.
Will probably be tweaked

Quote:
- Do Not Disturb icon in the status bar. When DND is set for 'locked state' only, it only shows the icon when the phone is locked. This is a bit confusing.
Huh? Confusing? Let me get this straight. You set DND for locked only and are confused by the fact that the DND enabled icon only appears when the phone is locked?? That's exactly what you told it to do!

Quote:
I played around with iOS 7 a little bit, toggled DND, forgot about it, then locked my phone, only to find out I missed a few messages sometime later because apparently DND was on without telling me.
That's your fault, really...

If you're not a developer, wait until the public release. If you are a developer, you know where to log this feedback, so log it.
dontpannic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:55 AM   #30
TC03
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic View Post
Been removed, or not been implemented in pre-release software yet?

What part of this do people not understand? It is the FIRST beta of a major redesign and ground up rebuild pretty much of the core OS and apps. It will take time to get things as they were.



This'll be good



Tap the magnifying glass


Will come back


Already does


Will probably be tweaked


Huh? Confusing? Let me get this straight. You set DND for locked only and are confused by the fact that the DND enabled icon only appears when the phone is locked?? That's exactly what you told it to do!


That's your fault, really...

If you're not a developer, wait until the public release. If you are a developer, you know where to log this feedback, so log it.
So we're not allowed to talk about iOS 7 until it's finished? That makes no sense. I understand it's a beta, and I'm listing what sucks IN THE BETA.

Furthermore, your 'arguments' make no sense whatsoever.

I understand it's a beta, and I think the BETA sucks at these points.
TC03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:58 AM   #31
Scott90
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
So we're not allowed to talk about iOS 7 until it's finished? That makes no sense. I understand it's a beta, and I'm listing what sucks IN THE BETA.
No, you are not. It is covered by an NDA and you cannot talk about iOS 7 anywhere but the Apple Developer forums.
Scott90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:05 PM   #32
ben824
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GA
What I found incredibly annoying, beyond just the awful new "flat" design, is in Messages, to edit a convo and delete individual chat bubbles, you have to hold your finger on the bubble, tap "more" when the option bubble pops up, tap on the chat bubble to check mark it to edit, then hit the little trash can icon at the bottom.

Sounds simple enough but compared to the previous method in iOS 6, it is much more complicated and irritating to go through. Also it is not as simple to figure out. At first I thought that they had removed the edit feature entirely until I stumbled upon it on accident.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro OS X Mavericks ; iPhone 5 32 GB running iOS 7 ; iPad Mini 16 GB Wifi iOS 7 ; Conservative Republican that loves Apple! I know what kind of crazy person am I! haha
ben824 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:21 AM   #33
dontpannic
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
So we're not allowed to talk about iOS 7 until it's finished? That makes no sense. I understand it's a beta, and I'm listing what sucks IN THE BETA.

Furthermore, your 'arguments' make no sense whatsoever.

I understand it's a beta, and I think the BETA sucks at these points.
"Beta" and "sucks" can't be used in the same sentence, really. It's going to "suck" compared to its final version as it is not finished!

You're listing features you are stating as being removed from the final version of iOS7 even though it hasn't been released.

Your thread title for instance - "Things that iOS 6 has and iOS 7 hasn't".

There is no possible way to tell if this will be the case in 4 months time, and threads like this are completely pointless.

Oh - and by downloading the beta you've effectively signed an NDA meaning you can't talk about the beta. Of course, you already know this having read the documentation on the Apple Developer portal before you downloaded the software, right?
dontpannic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:30 AM   #34
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks View Post
I don't think iOS7 is ready for prime time yet... Let's just have iOS 6.2 this year and save iOS7 for next year
That's why its a beta.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:17 AM   #35
Gary500
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Full screen safari...I miss it everyday...
Gary500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:45 AM   #36
campingsk8er
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
The most prominent thing for me at least, is the spotlight no longer has the ability to search Google or Wikipedia. It's not the biggest of deals at all, just a tiny minor inconvenience. Oh well.
campingsk8er is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:50 AM   #37
TC03
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic View Post
"Beta" and "sucks" can't be used in the same sentence, really. It's going to "suck" compared to its final version as it is not finished!

You're listing features you are stating as being removed from the final version of iOS7 even though it hasn't been released.

Your thread title for instance - "Things that iOS 6 has and iOS 7 hasn't".

There is no possible way to tell if this will be the case in 4 months time, and threads like this are completely pointless.

Oh - and by downloading the beta you've effectively signed an NDA meaning you can't talk about the beta. Of course, you already know this having read the documentation on the Apple Developer portal before you downloaded the software, right?
Well then, why don't we close the iOS 7 board untill the GM is released?

When there's software to test and to talk about, I will give my opinion. If you can't live with that, that's your problem.

I just don't see your point, if I want to discuss the beta, I will discuss the beta.

Furthermore, I did not sign an NDA.
TC03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:55 AM   #38
dontpannic
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
Well then, why don't we close the iOS 7 board untill the GM is released?
Because other discussion not directly related to features or bugs of the beta is allowed.

Quote:
When there's software to test and to talk about, I will give my opinion. If you can't live with that, that's your problem.
Have you paid your developer fees?

Quote:
Furthermore, I did not sign an NDA.
If you legally downloaded and installed the beta from the Apple developer website after registering your UDID, you most certainly DID digitally sign an NDA. If you used a UDID registration site or installed the beta bypassing the dev check, then you are using the software against its license agreement.
dontpannic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:34 AM   #39
egraphixstudios
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Safari:
"Full screen" option
"open in background" option
egraphixstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 09:28 AM   #40
charlituna
macrumors 604
 
charlituna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks View Post
I don't think iOS7 is ready for prime time yet... Let's just have iOS 6.2 this year and save iOS7 for next year
Developer preview. Think dress rehearsals, not opening night.

Happens every year.
__________________
Return of the Non Tech's Wish List
(She's family so I'm biased )
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:39 AM   #41
tmanto02
macrumors 6502a
 
tmanto02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
The lockscreen doesn't automatically show the name of the song currently playing!
__________________
iPhone 5 for on the go|iPad Air for on the couch|Mac mini for Plex Home Theatre
MacBook Pro w/ Retina display
for everything else
tmanto02 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 05:39 AM   #42
robertosh
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC03 View Post
- Letter scroll in album view (Music)
This is very useful! i use it as primary method of looking for music. Bad..
__________________
2008 iMac 24" 3.06Ghz 6Gb 1Tb
2010 Macbook White Unibody 2.4Ghz 8Gb 250Gb SSD
2010 iPod Touch 4G 32Gb
2012 iPad Mini Cell 16Gb
robertosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS 7: All The Little Things! (Featuring iOS 7.1) WhackyNinja iOS 7 5066 Jul 14, 2014 08:09 AM
Strange bug that still hasn't been fixed in iOS 7 beta 6 Am3r1ca16 iOS 7 0 Sep 6, 2013 08:47 AM
To everyone complaining that iOS is stale and hasn't changed since 2007... DodgeV83 iOS 6 103 Jan 9, 2013 08:29 PM
Why iOS Hasn't Been Updated Squilly iOS 6 24 Jan 3, 2013 04:29 PM
One problem from iOS 5 that hasn't been fixed in iOS 6 yet... sflomenb iOS 6 4 Nov 7, 2012 06:57 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC