Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1
megasad
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
iTunes 2.0.4 for Mac OS X, iTunes 4.9 too

I've got my old 2001 iBook up and running with an SSD and have split it into five partitions, one each for:
  • Mac OS 9
  • Mac OS X 10.1
  • Mac OS X 10.2
  • Mac OS X 10.3
  • Mac OS X 10.4

I've installed iTunes 1.1.2 in 10.1, and 3.0.1 in 10.3, but can't find installers for:
  • iTunes 2.0.4 for Mac OS X (the Mac OS 9 version is easy to find)
  • iTunes 4.9

Does anyone have these installers? Or do you know any Mac magazines that would have included them on their cover CDs back in the day? Or even failing that, does anyone have a Software Restore CD from a machine from the right time that came with said installers?
__________________
13" MacBook Pro: 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB SSD | X.9
15" PowerBook: 550MHz G4, 1GB RAM, 32GB SSD | X.5, X.4, X.3, X.2, X.1, 9.2
12" iBook: 600MHz G3, 640MB RAM, 32GB SSD | X.4, X.3, X.2, X.1, X.0, 9.2
megasad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:14 PM   #2
eyoungren
macrumors 603
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by megasad View Post
I've got my old 2001 iBook up and running with an SSD and have split it into five partitions, one each for:
  • Mac OS 9
  • Mac OS X 10.1
  • Mac OS X 10.2
  • Mac OS X 10.3
  • Mac OS X 10.4

I've installed iTunes 1.1.2 in 10.1, and 3.0.1 in 10.3, but can't find installers for:
  • iTunes 2.0.4 for Mac OS X (the Mac OS 9 version is easy to find)
  • iTunes 4.9

Does anyone have these installers? Or do you know any Mac magazines that would have included them on their cover CDs back in the day? Or even failing that, does anyone have a Software Restore CD from a machine from the right time that came with said installers?
A university in Australia has these.
http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/osx-updates/iTunes/


Note that they also have version 4.0. I mention that because 4.0 is the ONLY version of iTunes that allows library sharing over the internet. Apple killed that with the next upate and has never put it back.
__________________
PowerMac G4 QuickSilver - 1.6Ghz DP | Sprint iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2 / Eclipse Black
Sprint iPhone owners, THERE IS NO DOMESTIC UNLOCK!

Last edited by eyoungren; Feb 4, 2013 at 02:20 PM.
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:07 PM   #3
megasad
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
A university in Australia has these.
http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/osx-updates/iTunes/
Amazing, thank you so much for the link! I'd given up on finding all the various security updates, that will be a huge help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
Note that they also have version 4.0. I mention that because 4.0 is the ONLY version of iTunes that allows library sharing over the internet. Apple killed that with the next upate and has never put it back.
Depending on the final size, I think I may just archive all these installers, just in case I want to do something unexpected later
__________________
13" MacBook Pro: 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB SSD | X.9
15" PowerBook: 550MHz G4, 1GB RAM, 32GB SSD | X.5, X.4, X.3, X.2, X.1, 9.2
12" iBook: 600MHz G3, 640MB RAM, 32GB SSD | X.4, X.3, X.2, X.1, X.0, 9.2
megasad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:16 PM   #4
eyoungren
macrumors 603
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
No problem. I wouldn't worry too much about this going anywhere. It's a public site for this university.

They have much more there too. If you click on the parent folder link (top left) you can back up a few folders and see what else they have. Quite a bunch of stuff. I assume it's to make it all easy for their students and over time it turned in to a big archive.
__________________
PowerMac G4 QuickSilver - 1.6Ghz DP | Sprint iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2 / Eclipse Black
Sprint iPhone owners, THERE IS NO DOMESTIC UNLOCK!
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:20 PM   #5
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000
 
RedCroissant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
No problem. I wouldn't worry too much about this going anywhere. It's a public site for this university.

They have much more there too. If you click on the parent folder link (top left) you can back up a few folders and see what else they have. Quite a bunch of stuff. I assume it's to make it all easy for their students and over time it turned in to a big archive.
Yes, that link is amazing. I even downloaded firefox 3.6.26( the last release for PPC as far as I know). How did you find out about that site?
__________________
Welcome to the Grid, Program.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 06:45 AM   #6
eyoungren
macrumors 603
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCroissant View Post
Yes, that link is amazing. I even downloaded firefox 3.6.26( the last release for PPC as far as I know). How did you find out about that site?
A few years ago I was searching specifically for iTune 4.0 for the reasons I mentioned earlier. 4.01 was the first point update and it removed the internet streaming functionality, so there is only one version of iTunes that can do this.

At the time I wasn't using my library on my iPod or using an iPhone. I don't like the hassle of setting up iTunes servers and all the workarounds to get it to work over the internet. 4.0 is so much easier.

In my job I do A LOT of searching for stuff on Google so there are ways to find stuff. I don't recall the exact search terms, but it was probably something like iTunes+4.0+mac index

That type of search (where you add the word index) tends to find sites that have links to apps stored on non-commercial servers, such as this page (site).
__________________
PowerMac G4 QuickSilver - 1.6Ghz DP | Sprint iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2 / Eclipse Black
Sprint iPhone owners, THERE IS NO DOMESTIC UNLOCK!
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:01 PM   #7
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000
 
MisterKeeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post

In my job I do A LOT of searching for stuff on Google so there are ways to find stuff.
How many searches are you at? I have 8765.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:57 PM   #8
eyoungren
macrumors 603
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
Google tracks that? If so, where would I find that? I don't save my searches.

But if I had to guess it'd be quite a lot. My first email account came in 1999 and that's about the time I really started using the internet. Once I got employed it took off. Searching for useable art, logos, apps, etc. Not including my own personal searches. No idea really, but it's got to be in the hundreds of thousands I'd think.
__________________
PowerMac G4 QuickSilver - 1.6Ghz DP | Sprint iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2 / Eclipse Black
Sprint iPhone owners, THERE IS NO DOMESTIC UNLOCK!
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:54 PM   #9
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000
 
MisterKeeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
Google tracks that? If so, where would I find that? I don't save my searches.
Should be at the link.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:17 PM   #10
eyoungren
macrumors 603
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
Should be at the link.
Oh, ok, got it. 1229 according to Google. But then, as I said, I usually have this turned off. I'm usually bouncing between browsers though so I guess one of them had it turned on.
__________________
PowerMac G4 QuickSilver - 1.6Ghz DP | Sprint iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2 / Eclipse Black
Sprint iPhone owners, THERE IS NO DOMESTIC UNLOCK!
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:59 PM   #11
skateny
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
Oh, ok, got it. 1229 according to Google. But then, as I said, I usually have this turned off. I'm usually bouncing between browsers though so I guess one of them had it turned on.
I think this only works if you havea Google account or, more accurately, if you're signed in to your Google account while searching.

I got my Gmail account in 2009. I've got 10,172 searches. But then, much of my work is in research.
__________________
Etcha-Sketch, Classic Red; Kenner Easy-Show Projector, First Gen.
skateny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:13 PM   #12
eyoungren
macrumors 603
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateny View Post
I think this only works if you havea Google account or, more accurately, if you're signed in to your Google account while searching.

I got my Gmail account in 2009. I've got 10,172 searches. But then, much of my work is in research.
Yeah, I had four Google accounts at one point. Even when logged in to my main one I usually turn the history search off. But on some of my browsers I'm only using them for a short time so sometimes I forget to do that if that particular browser hasn't set a cookie yet. I didn't realize though that it kept track like that.
__________________
PowerMac G4 QuickSilver - 1.6Ghz DP | Sprint iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.2 / Eclipse Black
Sprint iPhone owners, THERE IS NO DOMESTIC UNLOCK!
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:37 PM   #13
skateny
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
I didn't realize though that it kept track like that.
Yes. It's a running documentary on what you were interested in at different times in your past.

I like a lot of older films, many of them from Europe and Russia, so there are whole blocks of searches dedicated to this.
__________________
Etcha-Sketch, Classic Red; Kenner Easy-Show Projector, First Gen.
skateny is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Announces iTunes Radio, Ad-Supported, Free for iTunes Match Subscribers MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 86 Jan 7, 2014 10:32 AM
iTunes Match: iTunes Purchases Default to Album Title Metadata That's in iTunes Store JPM42 Apple TV and Home Theater 0 Oct 24, 2013 04:34 PM
General: iTunes backups of mobile applications...sync data to iCloud, music only to iTunes? Dreamliner330 iOS 6 1 May 15, 2013 06:10 PM
Moving to Android, trouble getting DRM free songs on iTunes (using iTunes match) miamialley Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 2 Apr 28, 2013 11:17 AM
itunes libraries, seperate drives for media type? or 1 itunes library on one drive? Sossity Mac Applications and Mac App Store 4 Mar 12, 2013 02:00 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC