Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
HI all

Just a question here. It may be a silly question, but going to ask anyway, lol.

I will be getting my Apple Tv soon end of this month hopefully. However will be using netflix on it, and will be using the USA netflix as it has more of a collection of movies. The outside USA netflix the movie range aint that great.

I have came across this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5fdpEUKxco

My question is, changing the dns settings for me to use this netflix version, will it affect anything else to do with Apple tv, or will it just affect netflix, as in giving me the ability to use the USA netflix.

Thanks in advance.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008

4 1/2 hours later?
impatient much?

do a google search for the ip she tells you to put in, it comes up with lots of discussions about this very topic.

also, for what it's worth, This video is from someone who's wifi network is still on the default "linksys"

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
it actually works im in canada, just tested it I know have us netflix

it also now lets me play games on nhl gamecentre that would normally be blacked out

Oh cool so it's working fine then? It does not affect anything else then on Apple TV?

wimbledonsound

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2010
unblock-us do a fine job. Been using it for 6 months with very few issues. You can region switch on their website as well. I rent movies from the UK iTunes store and that is unaffected by the DNS change.

AppleTV + Netflix + unblock = :)

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Oh cool so it's working fine then? It does not affect anything else then on Apple TV?

did not effect GameCentre, does not effect local streaming, never tested the movie store as I do not buy movies from apple

----------

Also you do not have to change your Location for it to work.

agreed I keept my location to Canada even though the video says to change it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.