Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James659

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
i got call of duty 4 for my mac mini and when i try to open the app it says:
Call of Duty 4 Could not locate the ''Call of Duty 4 Data'' folder.

anyone know the problem and how to fix it

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you located the "Call of Duty 4 Data" folder? Is it inside the "Call of Duty 4" folder?

2nqfn5u.png

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen

68bvok.png

PLUS

Warez/Serials/Keys.
Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

from https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us#Things_Not_to_Do

BertyBoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009

LOL.

Looks like you haven't even purchased the game yet.

And you were silly enough to post that on this forum, where you [should] know that representatives from most of the big game companies frequent to pick up on issues with their games.
Expect ASpyr to get your IP address from MacRumors, and then get your name and address from your ISP. Then expect a letter some time next week asking you to appear at court.

LOL.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
LOL.

Looks like you haven't even purchased the game yet.

And you were silly enough to post that on this forum, where you [should] know that representatives from most of the big game companies frequent to pick up on issues with their games.
Expect ASpyr to get your IP address from MacRumors, and then get your name and address from your ISP. Then expect a letter some time next week asking you to appear at court.

LOL.

Hehe.....this happens all the time, especially on the shooters for some reason. We frequently run through the list of scammers and ban accordingly. Kinda lame that it happens so often, but we try not to worry about it too much.

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Hehe.....this happens all the time, especially on the shooters for some reason. We frequently run through the list of scammers and ban accordingly. Kinda lame that it happens so often, but we try not to worry about it too much.

Sorry if this a dumb question, but I'm a new Mac user (one hour into it...).

Can I play CoD 4: Modern Warfare on a 2012 MacMini (2.5, HD Graphics 4000, 4GB RAM)?
The list of compatible machines doesn't clearly (to me) state if I can use it or not.

Thanks in advance.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Sorry if this a dumb question, but I'm a new Mac user (one hour into it...).

Can I play CoD 4: Modern Warfare on a 2012 MacMini (2.5, HD Graphics 4000, 4GB RAM)?
The list of compatible machines doesn't clearly (to me) state if I can use it or not.

Thanks in advance.

Yep, should work fine.

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Yep, should work fine.

Ok, thanks.

I'm still a bit lost with all the different gfx cards, sometimes with small differences in name.

And then I read people saying the MacMini can't handle ANYTHING and get a bit afraid of ordering something I subsequently can't use... ;(

Thanks!

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Yep, should work fine.

Ok, thanks.

I'm still a bit lost with all the different gfx cards, sometimes with small differences in name.

And then I read people saying the MacMini can't handle ANYTHING and get a bit afraid of ordering something I subsequently can't use... ;(

Thanks!

Marc is right Nuno, you should be good with that setup. Thank you for bringing this up actually, it reminds me that I need to update some of our MSR's for older titles like that.

You should also check out http://www.gameagent.com They have a MacMatch feature and all sorts of other tools to help you find the right game for your setup.

xffmosha

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
XFF Servers

If you still play COD4 and want a new challenge the try our COD4 MW2/Blackops modded server. has weapons and hardpoints from both MW2 and Black ops also running Custom maps from Both Games. Fast redirect for mod and maps

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
If you still play COD4 and want a new challenge the try our COD4 MW2/Blackops modded server. has weapons and hardpoints from both MW2 and Black ops also running Custom maps from Both Games. Fast redirect for mod and maps

[url=http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/109.70.149.75:2328/b_560_95_1.png]Image[/url]

By the way, what can I expect to get from COD4:MW 2 and Black Ops1 and 2?

I keep reading that HD Graphics aren't good for gaming, so I'm always scared of buying something I can't really use...

ee13lbp

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2012
By the way, what can I expect to get from COD4:MW 2 and Black Ops1 and 2?

I keep reading that HD Graphics aren't good for gaming, so I'm always scared of buying something I can't really use...

The hd4000 will play every modern game at least on low settings. Since black ops uses the same engine as COD 4, it should be more than playable on medium.

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
New York

You'll have to install MW2 through boot camp if you want to play it on the same machine, as it doesn't have a native port on Mac. HD3000 runs MW2 and MW3 just fine. High resolution, medium effects, no shadows.

The graphics card is NOT the problem with running modern games on a Mac machine. The problem is that Mac doesn't have updated drivers/codecs/DirectX 9.

honkydory

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2013
[/COLOR]
The hd4000 will play every modern game at least on low settings. Since black ops uses the same engine as COD 4, it should be more than playable on medium.

This is not what they say at the app store

**ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS**

We do NOT recommend that you play Call of Duty: Black Ops on any of the following unsupported graphic chipsets:
HD3000 (2011 Mac Mini, 2011 MacBook Air, 2011 13” MacBook Pro)
HD4000 (2012 13” MacBook Pro) :confused:

Djevlen

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Thats because they won't/can't support those gpus, but there are several people who have played CoD: BO on a Macbook Air without any problems.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
LOL, like we wouldn't know you had a cracked game...

Although I don't blame you for not buying Call of Duty....

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I wouldn't pay for the Mac version of COD4 either. Brought it when it came out, it was a crappy port.

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK
Can't say for Mac Mini?

I wouldn't pay for the Mac version of COD4 either. Brought it when it came out, it was a crappy port.

I play COD 4 multiplayer daily on 2011 IMac and it plays beautifully! In fact I play it more than I did on the PC! And I still think that COD 4 is the best for MP and the servers are thriving! Even gone through BO - not so hot on MP but playable!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.