Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:32 PM   #26
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68000

No. Use your iPad 4. What isn't it doing now for you that you expect the iPad 5 to do? iOS 7 would bring them to the same playing field software wise and I can't see the CPU being too much more powerful. MAYBE a quad core but apps are just starting to saturate dual core so the gains would be minimal currently. The only other thing outside of the obvious design change is a ram update to 2gb which I think is a no brainer.

Unless you see the iPad as a status symbol and feel the need to upgrade every generation, stick with what you have now until it no longer does what you need to do. I happen to be blessed enough to be able to buy the latest and greatest every once and a while but I don't really want to be wasteful either so I buy the latest and use it for a couple years. Upgrades will mean more then and disappointment will also be less.
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:45 AM   #27
Badrottie
macrumors 68020

No you can't because iPad 5 is not out yet. Tim Cook wants you to keep it.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:02 AM   #28
smoking monkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
What will the iPad 5 give you that the iPad 4 doesn't do? Don't worry about what apple may or may not release with the 5, the iPad 4 is a great device and the 5 will only be incrementally better - apple typically just makes evolutionary updates, not revolutionary updates, i.e., small updates vs. large ones.
The ipad 5 will be a brand new design, thinner, smaller with the same screen size, lighter, a bit faster and look better. It will probably have stereo speakers by the looks of it as well. And possibly something else stonkingly good.

You're right, it won't be revolutionary, but it will be a much bigger update than the 3 to 4.

AS for the OP... Give it to a close friend or family member. It will make you feel much better inside.

Every computer or Apple device I've had since my Quicksilver Desktop Mac has been recycled that way. Most recent was my imac 24inch that went to my wife's parents. They took us out for dinner after I set it all up for them.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:59 AM   #29
zone23
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2004 View Post
Swappa's pretty good generally, at least for Android devices. Just sold my Galaxy Nexus, which was going for about $125 on eBay, for $200.

I'm thinking of maybe selling my iPad 3 as well, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking the iPad mini will be obsolete sooner rather than later because of non-retina and crappy RAM.
I have a Motorola Xoom 4G and to be honest it does everything I need and the 4G LTE is a bonus. Like the iPhone the iPad leaves me wanting more and that more I can only get from open source android. I'm thinking either sell the iPad or donate it to the wife.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad