Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:22 PM   #26
Cavman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
At first, I was really enjoying the mini, and the screen resolution didnt bother me one bit. However, lately, I've been using it with low brightness, and the non-retina is really starting to irk me, especially with web surfing.
+1

Loved the mini size and it was fantastic for watching Netflix. But reading web pages was absolutely brutal. You had to zoom in on every page to read the text because in the unzoomed state the text was so small and pixelated..

Some people say that using the mini in portrait mode helps alleviate the poor text/web experience, I saw that advice after I had returned my mini, so can't comment as to the effectiveness of portrait mode browsing.

Am back to the ipad 3 and couldn't be happier. The text on web pages is super sharp and you don't need to zoom in to read anything.

Do miss the weight of the mini but reading/typing this on the ipad3 is just amazingly better.

Full disclosure, am in my low 40s so perhaps my eyesight is more sensitive than someone younger.

Best of luck in your decision.
Cavman is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:35 PM   #27
Mrrikki
macrumors regular

I sold my 3rd gen and don't miss it at all. I am even selling my MacBook Air now and will just have iMac, ipad mini and iPhone 5 combo.
Mrrikki is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:56 PM   #28
nfl46
macrumors 68040

No, I prefer the Mini.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:34 PM   #29
Donka
macrumors 6502a

I sold the 3 and used the mini for a couple of days. I did like the mini and performance was fine but I missed the bigger screen. I sold the mini and bought a 4 and glad I did. The bigger screen was the main reason but I also much prefer the retina display.
Donka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:46 PM   #30
Jimmie Geddes
macrumors regular

Sold my iPad 3 have not regretted it one bit. I LOVE the mini. Use it so much more than my previous 3 full sized iPads. Feels great and light. It's not top heavy holding it in portrait. Typing is so much better and comfortable on the mini's keyboard. I'm not constantly adjusting the way I'm holding it in order to stretch my fingers all over the screen while using apps. No longer adjusting the way I'm holding it due to how light it is. This is the iPad I have always wanted. The mini leaves the house with me constantly because I feel comfortable using it in public, never felt right about using a full size iPad out and about. It gets a ton of more usage. Battery life is also amazing on it. I use my Verizon Galaxy Nexus's (rooted) WiFi tethering and feel like I have a Cellular + WiFi mini.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad