Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Sep 8, 2013, 09:53 AM   #26
liquidh2o
macrumors 6502

As someone who likes to lurk almost exclusively in the marketplace, I can attest that the policy works rather well. While not a major trend (from the public view), there were a number of scams taking place (trades where one end didn't send their item, no communication after payment, sending broken item, etc) that involved larger sums (>$1K) of money. The occasional scam still happens but it is more of an anomaly than a trend.

The post count and time requirements seem to deter most scammers, and I think it serves as a good trial period for posters to acclimate to the forum posting guidelines. If anything, the biggest current issue with posters in the marketplace is that some are a a bit overprotective at times in making sure other posters don't overpay. I'd much rather have that issue than worrying about scammers.
liquidh2o is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback