Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:54 AM   #51
Ffosse
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
64GB iPod Touch 5. A long time to install but runs great with no problems or slow downs.
Yeah, it took frickin' ages to install.
Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:12 PM   #52
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
Damn, you are going to cost me some coin.

I was hesitant to buy one because I was unsure how it would react to iOS 7. I like the OS alot since installing on my Mini yesterday and that device is too big for me to want to use the new Itunes Radio alot. Enter the Touch 5G. I am going to get one for sure now unless you tell me it isn't good with that.

I am not planning to load any labor intensive games on it anyways. Just music mostly and some browsing. No video either since I have a Mini for those other things.

Oh, and the flashlight. Cannot see using that with the Mini.
Forgot that I sync all songs not just checked. I have the checked songs only sync to my 16gb iPhone 5. I have about 1200 songs on my 32gb iPod touch 5.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:26 PM   #53
Shanghaichica
macrumors 6502a

No problems here either. I waited until today to install it after all the trouble I had with my iPad last night. Everything is nice and smooth.i have a 64GB 5th gen.
Shanghaichica is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:34 PM   #54
AppleRobert
macrumors 68000

Good news about iOS 7 on the 5th gen iPod touch, think I will grab one then and thanks for posting experiences.

My Mini misses some of the features available like just in the control center there is no flashlight because of no flash so understandable. But no quick access to the calculator? Why Apple did not make the OS uniform to all devices I have no clue where applicable.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:55 AM   #55
Scarpad
macrumors 65816

Yes if anything IOS 7 is smoother and more responsive on my touch than on my Ipad mini, go figure
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:49 AM   #56
gerbilbox
macrumors member

About 36 hours with iOS 7 on my iPod Touch, no lag either. I'm sure it has bugs but it's been great so far. I especially love Control Center, given the lack of an ambient light sensor.
gerbilbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:23 PM   #57
moderately
macrumors regular

Early yet, but iOS 7 is running beautifully. Two apps that I use daily, Numbers and Weekcal, have in the past run slowly or been slow to open on iPT 4. They were the reason for my upgrade to iPT 5. They both run great. Adding a form in Numbers has always taken a few seconds and that hasn't changed but it may be marginally quicker. Weekcal opens quickly and is much sn- no I won't go there.

update: Numbers a little buggy, some blind data entry demanded.

Last edited by moderately; Sep 21, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
moderately is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 07:39 AM   #58
defunct32
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rienrah View Post
I have an iPod Touch 5th gen/32g (about 12g free) that is not performing well with iOS7. There is noticeable jitter while scrolling. So far I don't like the update well enough to put up with that.

eta: Just restarted the device (to change font weight) and the jitter is gone. Scrolling is silky smooth again.
Even on iOS 6.1.3 on an iPod touch 5th Gen I also got that jitter occasionally, switching it off/on usually fix it or a restart. Do you like the 7 so far though? Most of the game updates requires iOS 7 now.
defunct32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch