Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:22 PM   #1
borjawilrolette
macrumors newbie

Wont turn on- Charger light flashing orange

Hey everyone. New mac user. Got a macbook pro model a1278. When it is plugged in the charger flashes orange faintly. Tried resetting the smc but nothing. Any ideas? Hard drive might be bad but other than that im not sure. Dont think a bad hard drive would cause this.
borjawilrolette is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:24 PM   #2
spinnerlys

Your MBP won't turn on or it won't boot?

Have you pressed the battery indicator button and seen how many lights show up?

If you have a new MBP, you still have warranty, don't you? Can't you get to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorised Repair Shop?
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:33 AM   #3
borjawilrolette
macrumors newbie

I got the mac free from someone. Needed new sata cables for the hard drive so i installed the cables but im not sure if the hard drive is good. I think he said somethign about it needing to be replaced a while back before i got it but i dont know if he replaced it already. So...no warranty. And it wont turn on, The computer does nothing when i push the on button. No noises, no fans, nothing.
borjawilrolette is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro