Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
I just got off the phone with a developer and he tells me you must install the second disk or face serious feature failures. Turns out I had installed 6c115 without installing the second disk, and sure enough, features like:
1. Connect to server would not show me anything deeper than the root directory when connecting to a password based FTP server I have access to.
2. Launch an application would not bring the application to the foreground unless I launched, waited for it to finish loading and then double clicked it/ command-tab to it, or clicked it on the dock. If an application in the foreground had windows open it would obscure the recently launched application until you manually switched to it after the application finished launching.

So it appears the second disk is more than print drivers.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Installing the second disk

Originally posted by gopher
I just got off the phone with a developer and he tells me you must install the second disk or face serious feature failures. Turns out I had installed 6c115 without installing the second disk, and sure enough, features like:
1. Connect to server would not show me anything deeper than the root directory when connecting to a password based FTP server I have access to.
2. Launch an application would not bring the application to the foreground unless I launched, waited for it to finish loading and then double clicked it/ command-tab to it, or clicked it on the dock. If an application in the foreground had windows open it would obscure the recently launched application until you manually switched to it after the application finished launching.

So it appears the second disk is more than print drivers.

hrmmm.. well.. maybe a week ago i installed jaguar with custom options.. i disabled installing print drivers and the extra apps, and it never asked for the second disk, if im not mistaken..

with my experience, jaguar (6c115) has been fairly buggy when trying to do network operations -- from webdav to samba to ftp.. it really hasnt been very reliable at working properly.. you may be having unrelated problems..

i think that the root of your problems could lie in the fact that if you close the last installer which utilizes the last disk, you arent finalizing certain options.. while installing from one disk (properly) doesnt cause problems cause it finished those options, etc..

-f

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.