Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silenthillnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
I just received my Seidio Active case in the mail today and I have to say it looks good on the phone. However, the exoskeleton is really tight and keeps the volume buttons depressed. I'm going to email Seidio right now and see what they can do. I've tried to readust the case at least 4 times now but I still can't get any relief for the volume buttons.

Edking4

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
I am getting mine in the mail tomorrow. Sry to hear about the issue. How is the fit and buyouts beside the buttons.

Silenthillnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
overall, I like the fit of the case. It's not as bulky as I thought I'd be and it works with my screen protectors no problem. The headphone jack hole might be too small for certain headphones and it's pretty hard to get to the silence switch but overall, I'm pretty happy with the end result if only the volume buttons would work properly :)

noi375

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
I just received my Seidio Active case in the mail today and I have to say it looks good on the phone. However, the exoskeleton is really tight and keeps the volume buttons depressed. I'm going to email Seidio right now and see what they can do. I've tried to readust the case at least 4 times now but I still can't get any relief for the volume buttons.

I don't have a problem with mine - I don't think it's that tight, given the inside is the "softer" rubber material. I think you just have to make sure you have the case "fitted" on the phone correct, or you can have a bad one. I have the blue color version.

I have used a few holsters for iPhone, but Seidio is the best - new one is no exception - can at least pull the phone out with one hand without having it pressed anything.

Lee-K

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Can anyone please post pictures of theirs? This is the case I've been wanting and it would be much appreciated!

Silenthillnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
Here are some pictures before I return the case. My talk with their technical support was rather unsatisfying and my Shure E2c headphones won't fit the headphone hole so sadly it's going back.

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

bsbuggs

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
boy taht mute button look deeeep in there. Sorry toe hear that you seem to have gotten a bad one.

Question do you have another case like a bumper or candyshell? I was wondering if another case may fit the active holster.

noi375

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
boy taht mute button look deeeep in there. .

It looks pretty deep, but not that bad for people with a bit of fingernails. I personally would rather Apple design that button to be like the +/- volume key so it's easier to create cases for them, but seems like Apple likes to create challenges for case makers :)

The headphones you have must have a huge connector - the cutout looks pretty big to me, but then again, I don't have fancy headphones to use on the phone (I usually just use Bluetooth headphones to listen to music).

Lee-K

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Here are some pictures before I return the case. My talk with their technical support was rather unsatisfying and my Shure E2c headphones won't fit the headphone hole so sadly it's going back.

Wow, thanks a ton! Really helpful. How is the feel of it -- is it grippy at all or is it matte and somewhat slippery?

Silenthillnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
Wow, thanks a ton! Really helpful. How is the feel of it -- is it grippy at all or is it matte and somewhat slippery?

The black rubber is definitely grippy and the hard shell has some kind of texture on it so it's for sure not slippery.

It looks pretty deep, but not that bad for people with a bit of fingernails. I personally would rather Apple design that button to be like the +/- volume key so it's easier to create cases for them, but seems like Apple likes to create challenges for case makers :)

The headphones you have must have a huge connector - the cutout looks pretty big to me, but then again, I don't have fancy headphones to use on the phone (I usually just use Bluetooth headphones to listen to music).

Yea, my headphones have a pretty big connector, if maybe half a centimeter was shaved from the circumference, it'd fit for sure.

boy taht mute button look deeeep in there. Sorry toe hear that you seem to have gotten a bad one.

Question do you have another case like a bumper or candyshell? I was wondering if another case may fit the active holster.

Yea, the mute is a pain in the butt to get to. You definitely have to dig for it if you don't have nails. As for the shell on the active, it's made to specifically go around the sound and mute buttons along with 3 large nubs by the corners. So unless the volume buttons are protruding exactly the way the rubber liner has them, it'll be impossible to hit them.

Edking4

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
just got my active case in today and it is pretty nice in the hand...but some things that irked me..

1. The silicone inside/outside looks dirty and you can see some bad molding lines on the outside of the silicone.

2. The mute button is probably the smallest cutout i have ever seen...cant get my fingers into it.

3. Sleep/awake button is flush so very little feedback when you press it.

Compared to the other hybrid cases on the market like the commuter and tough case i think this is the best and most secure...feels great and super solid

nealh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
just got my active case in today and it is pretty nice in the hand...but some things that irked me..

1. The silicone inside/outside looks dirty and you can see some bad molding lines on the outside of the silicone.

2. The mute button is probably the smallest cutout i have ever seen...cant get my fingers into it.

3. Sleep/awake button is flush so very little feedback when you press it.

Compared to the other hybrid cases on the market like the commuter and tough case i think this is the best and most secure...feels great and super solid

Ok, I disagree 100% if the case falls and hits the bottom, the rubber band on the bottom will slip and the bottom will be chipped or worse a cracked screen.

I am so pissed off at this case. I am calling Seidio tomorrow and shipping the piece of crap back.

Edking4

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Well it is a trade off... The tough case is looser at the bottom and the commuter is a pain to get the plug out plus whenever you have that style of cut-out you have to talk a bit louder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.