Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toezter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Madison, WI
sorry if its in the wrong forum, but i'd thought this would be the closest.

i'm wondering how i can make a grid over a picture using whatever program, photoshop perferably.

basicly a grid so i can make/draw out those specific squares to make one big picture.

btw, yes someone recomended mspaint, and draw lines over and over. thats NOT what i want to do.

javabear90

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Houston, TX
actually i did it a much more... different way than the above poster. I applied the grid, then did a screen shot of that grid, opened the file up, selected the grid and transfered it over. So... ya his method is probably better.

toezter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Madison, WI
yeah, that pattern trick seems a lot easier.

thanks much, now i can start with my art project. muahahahahaha.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
In PS how about making a layer and turning on "View Grid." It works that way in PS Elements 3 so PS is bound to have an easier or harder way to do it!

toezter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Madison, WI
virividox said:
could u post the picture, im curious as to what you plan to do

nothing fancy, although thats up to how i have the final turn out.

picture 1.jpg

i may end up drawing each square freehand. how it looks for the first time. roughtly 800+ squares. i'm thinking of having it on a door.

i am open to suggestions.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
toezter said:
nothing fancy, although thats up to how i have the final turn out.

picture 1.jpg

i may end up drawing each square freehand. how it looks for the first time. roughtly 800+ squares. i'm thinking of having it on a door.

i am open to suggestions.
You may already be doing this but if you double each square's size. You can make a freakin massive image. IF each square is like 1 inch print it out at 200% and draw it straight off that. it would be huge!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.