Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mesogamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
So I get this msg on itunes after updating to 4.0.2 (wasn't a wise move but I had to since my iphone bircked and had to restore). Any one know what should I do?

I have Iphone 3gs was on 4.0 jailbreaked/unlocked updated to 4.0.2 nothing works only emergency call.

Thanks in advance

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
If you didnt save Your Shsh files thru cydia or tiny umbrella then your toast. Wait until the next jailbreak.

mesogamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Obviously.
Did you have it JB and unlocked?
You cant do either now on 4.0.2
Did you have SHSH's saved thru cydia for previous builts so you can downgrade?

Yep It was jb'ed and unlocked (bought it from ebay jb'ed and unlocked).
So I managed to put back ios 4.0 trough Itunes but still can't acess my phone.
Yea I have shsh save thru tiny umbrella. Any one know how to activate sim?
Thanks

mesogamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
can't I replace the lockdown file whatever that is? If so, can someone tell me how?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
can't I replace the lockdown file whatever that is? If so, can someone tell me how?

There is no lockdown file.
You need to activate it with the carriers sim that its locked to.
You know what company its locked to? USA AT&T?
You can purchase any inactive sim of that company thru ebay or whatever and activate it and then JB with jailbreakme and install ultrasnow thru cydia to unlock.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
yes there is...

There is no lockdown file.
You need to activate it with the carriers sim that its locked to.
You know what company its locked to? USA AT&T?
You can purchase any inactive sim of that company thru ebay or whatever and activate it and then JB with jailbreakme and install ultrasnow thru cydia to unlock.

Well I think he refers to the trick to use a Phonebook card (which is used to copy contacts)... before aug5 it use to let you bypass the activation screen and you could run and restore to older firmware, i don't know if using the Phonebook card would still work, they usually go for like $5.... (The best would be to get either a prepaid card of the original company).

There is such a thing as lockdown the location is here: /var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/wildcard_record.plist
And people replace the wildcard plist when they put another sim and the phone tells them "different sim detected" so they go through SSH and change it to the other plist that was used in the older jb... these people can receive calls and txt, so they just remove the sim card, they go to the homescreen, cydia, ssh and then replace to the older plist form previous jb:apple:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well I think he refers to the trick to use a Phonebook card (which is used to copy contacts)... before aug5 it use to let you bypass the activation screen and you could run and restore to older firmware, i don't know if using the Phonebook card would still work, they usually go for like $5.... (The best would be to get either a prepaid card of the original company).

There is such a thing as lockdown the location is here: /var/root/Library/Lockdown/activation_records/wildcard_record.plist
And people replace the wildcard plist when they put another sim and the phone tells them "different sim detected" so they go through SSH and change it to the other plist that was used in the older jb... these people can receive calls and txt, so they just remove the sim card, they go to the homescreen, cydia, ssh and then replace to the older plist form previous jb:apple:

But obviously you cannot SSH or change any file unless you JB it.
And in order to JB it you need to activate it first. So dont give him any false hope for editing any lockdown file. Only way to JB it right now is to activate with either an official sim or a thing called a phonebook sim and those are not easy to find and you gotta make sure you get the correct one that will work.
Not sure what company or site sold it though. But it would be just as easy getting a sim of the carrier that the phone is locked to online or thru ebay.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
But obviously you cannot SSH or change any file unless you JB it.
And in order to JB it you need to activate it first. So dont give him any false hope for editing any lockdown file. Only way to JB it right now is to activate with either an official sim or a thing called a phonebook sim and those are not easy to find and you gotta make sure you get the correct one that will work.
Not sure what company or site sold it though. But it would be just as easy getting a sim of the carrier that the phone is locked to online or thru ebay.

I didn't think I was giving him false hopes since "SIM card not supported" (like his) is a different message than "different SIM detected" (which people can receive calls and txt), maybe I should have stated that since the OP may have misread the paragraph description, but I just wanted to say that lockdown exist and for what is used since maybe people didn't know of the trick and found it interesting to know.... the best and easiest way for the OP is an AT&T sim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.