Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Krafty
macrumors 601

Suave HD - Icon Press Fix

I've been looking for a solution to Suave HD where when you press the icon, the shadow appears larger than the icon. I remember over on MacThemes someone told me to replace a file with a smaller one he modified but it didn't seem to fix it.

Is there another way that I seem to be missing?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Bawstun
macrumors 6502a

I renamed appoverlay, appshadow, and appmask with _'s and it effectively removes the shadow making the icon appear larger. That's the fix I read over on MacThemes.

Since you seem to be using Suave HD as well (), do you know how to rename app icons in ios4 so that they work with Suave? It used to be so much easier on 3.X, I can't figure out where the heck to put these icons and so many of my apps are unthemed right now, it's looking horrible.
Bawstun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:41 PM   #3
FamiliaPhoto
macrumors 6502a

I have been having the same problem. Someone here was kind enough to point me to the MacThemes thread below which has good information.

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic...d=16791688&p=2

Problem I have that even using this method I still can't get my icons to show up. Even when I'm a 100% positive they are named correctly.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Bawstun
macrumors 6502a

@OP, here's the post I used to remove the shadows:

This is for iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1, Suave Icons. Remove shadows......... This will only look correct if all of your icons are themed.

Remove shadow from App Store icons.

Using your iPhone browser software i.e DiskAid, iPhone Browser....... etc. Navigate to:

system/library/privateframeworks/mobileicons.framework

Rename the following 3 files with a 1 or _alt or anything you want to use at the end of @2x
Example: AppIconMask@2x_alt.png

AppIconMask@2x.png AppIconOverlay@2x.png AppIconShadow@2x.png

****DO NOT DELETE THESE FILES!!!!! RENAME THEM********

After a respring, you will notice that your App Store icons will look wierd. This will break the auto theming that the OS does automatically for App Store apps that doesnt have pre-made icons. So if all of your App Store icons are not themed, they are going to look wierd until you theme them. I do know that there are other ways of doing this by replacing the masks but I find this to look the cleanest.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Krafty
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawstun View Post
@OP, here's the post I used to remove the shadows:

This is for iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1, Suave Icons. Remove shadows......... This will only look correct if all of your icons are themed.

Remove shadow from App Store icons.

Using your iPhone browser software i.e DiskAid, iPhone Browser....... etc. Navigate to:

system/library/privateframeworks/mobileicons.framework

Rename the following 3 files with a 1 or _alt or anything you want to use at the end of @2x
Example: AppIconMask@2x_alt.png

AppIconMask@2x.png AppIconOverlay@2x.png AppIconShadow@2x.png

****DO NOT DELETE THESE FILES!!!!! RENAME THEM********

After a respring, you will notice that your App Store icons will look wierd. This will break the auto theming that the OS does automatically for App Store apps that doesnt have pre-made icons. So if all of your App Store icons are not themed, they are going to look wierd until you theme them. I do know that there are other ways of doing this by replacing the masks but I find this to look the cleanest.
I checked and I had already re-named those files.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:59 AM   #6
Bawstun
macrumors 6502a

Hmm, that is odd. Sorry, that's all I saw on MacThemes that worked for me.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks