Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:13 AM   #1
lokiju
macrumors 6502

Any CrushFTP or SFTP pro's here? Keeps stopping/closing daemon

I started using CrushFTP as a way to set up a SFTP with accounts that have different default/home directories when they SFTP in.

It works exactly how I want, when the app actually runs.

I have created two different user accounts that have access to different directories and with different rights.

When the app/gui is open I can SFTP in from an outside computer without issue.

I can also set it to run as a daemon and close the gui out and still connect from the outside.

The problem is that after leaving my "server" alone for 20 mins or so I can no longer SFTP in.

I tested it with trying to just leaving the GUI open and not using the daemon and it still will close out of the GUI even if I leave it open and running.

Like clock work it's about 15 or 20 mins after setting CrushFTP how I want, testing to confirm it works from a remote system and disconnecting from my home Mac, all the sudden I can no longer connect to it via SFTP.

I also tried setting the daemon to run as a service and closing the GUI. When doing this I can connect right away after setting it to do so from a remote system. I'll then disconnect from my home Mac, can still connect fine but in 15 to 20 mins no dice.

I've complete removed all the files I could find associated with CrushFTP and downloaded fresh from their site and started over but keep having the same result.

Has anyone had a similar issue with CrushFTP or even a daemon quitting after a given amount of time over and over?

I'm about ready to just go back to enabling SSH from sharing and SFTP'ing in that way but I just haven't been able to find a way to do that and set unique folders each user account see's with this method.

If someone has a way to do this with whats built into OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, I'd love to hear it.
lokiju is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X