Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XT9116

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
I have reason to believe that the iPod Touch 4 case that leaked a little while ago isn't correct.

I know that apple could redesign their iPod to follow the iPhone, but on the previous designs the volume rocker and the sleep button were on the same side of the iPod. On the case they are on opposite sides, which matches the iPhone.

As I said, Apple could easily redesign the iPod Touch to match the iPhone (which would make sense) but I am curious what other people think about this. After noticing that I feel a little unsure of if that case is accurate or not (after all it could be a strangely design iPhone 4 case.)

Opinions?

Ds92

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2010
Actually I noticed this too. However, I don't think those are iphone 4 cases because of the shape of it, particularly the back and how it curves.

It could be possible that Apple had to shift things around to make space for the camera.

Anyway, I'm 99.9% sure its gonna have at least 1 camera and that the cases are probably genuine since the manufacturers would need to be told specs in order to make them in time for the release.

Can't wait!

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
Do you mean these ones?

ip_zx_ipodtouchpeijianxx_11.jpg

It's a front view of the cases, volume rocker on the left, power button top right the same as the current model.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
I noticed this as well.

I think it might be impossible to fit the sleep button and the camera so close together. It's probably possible in the iPhone because it's thicker (Side note: the case makes it seem like the touch will be even thinner than it currently is). I think that it would make more sense to leave the sleep button where it is and then place the camera in the iPhone's location. Of course, we don't know what types of design modifications Apple has made, as you mentioned.

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Do you mean these ones?

ip_zx_ipodtouchpeijianxx_11.jpg

It's a front view of the cases, volume rocker on the left, power button top right the same as the current model.

The current model has the power button at the top left.

But we have to take the leaked cases with a grain of salt. Manufacturers usually try to get cases out at the same time as the iPod release; usually they're going by assumption, and they might not be the same specs as the actual iPods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.