Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:25 AM   #1
jake9001
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch Screen Burn?

Hello.. I just noticed my iPod Touch 2nd gen has a screen burn or something.. when I make the LCD pitch black (by going to an empty page with no apps and a black wallpaper on) I noticed there is a spot where the shade of black is slightly brighter than on the rest of the screen (the spot is near the bottom left)

is this normal, or does my ipod touch have a screen burn?
jake9001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:29 AM   #2
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Ivan P
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake9001 View Post
Hello.. I just noticed my iPod Touch 2nd gen has a screen burn or something.. when I make the LCD pitch black (by going to an empty page with no apps and a black wallpaper on) I noticed there is a spot where the shade of black is slightly brighter than on the rest of the screen (the spot is near the bottom left)

is this normal, or does my ipod touch have a screen burn?
If it's screen burn then it will more than likely be in a definite shape resembling something that has been shown on the screen. It sounds like it's more with the backlight, where one part of the screen is a tad brighter then the rest. Both my iPod touch and my iPhone exhibit this on random parts of the screen, but it's totally unnoticeable to me unless I'm on a totally black screen (which is next to never).
Ivan P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:24 AM   #3
jake9001
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan P View Post
If it's screen burn then it will more than likely be in a definite shape resembling something that has been shown on the screen. It sounds like it's more with the backlight, where one part of the screen is a tad brighter then the rest. Both my iPod touch and my iPhone exhibit this on random parts of the screen, but it's totally unnoticeable to me unless I'm on a totally black screen (which is next to never).
Thank you, and yes it is completely unnoticeable but I have OCD when it comes to my ipod touch
jake9001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:27 AM   #4
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Ivan P
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake9001 View Post
Thank you, and yes it is completely unnoticeable but I have OCD when it comes to my ipod touch
That makes two of us - once I notice the tiniest thing I constantly go back to look at it to make sure it isn't getting worse somehow
Ivan P is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch