Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsm2gst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Ever since I jailbroke my iphone 4 I get the following error when I try to update my paid apps through the app store on my phone. "This discounted price is only available to customers who own a previous version of this item. To purchase this item at full price, click Buy. You have not owned a previous major version of this software. You have to buy it at full price. Would you like to buy it? Then when I click on buy it I get the following error "This item is currently being modified. Please try again later." Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? It was having no problems before I jailbroke my phone.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I've seen that error on other forums from people using stolen app (I am not saying this is the case here, just for the records), if you paid for the app you need to contact customer service asap, since your IPA may have been compromised.

dsm2gst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I paid for the apps legally. The only work around I know is either doing it through itunes or deleting the app on my phone and purchase it again. When I purchase it again on my phone I get the message that I already bought this app.

TurdFerguson

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
O'side!
I paid for the apps legally. The only work around I know is either doing it through itunes or deleting the app on my phone and purchase it again. When I purchase it again on my phone I get the message that I already bought this app.

But can't you still re-download it for free?

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
That is the message you will correctly get. Just continue on. It will eventually say "FREE." If you get charged a 2nd time contact Apple.

Try it with a 99c app first!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I've had a similar issue with in-app purchases. Per tech support, I just hit the purchase button and it did eventually come back to "You've already paid for this item, you can re-download it for free". I was not charged a second time.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.