Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:06 PM   #1
GizzlyAdams022
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS not recognized in "My Computer'..

I am trying to DL my pics/vids from my iPhone to PC and I was going to just drag and drop as usual by going to My Computer>iPhone>pictures..etc. etc..

But, it's not there? Any suggestions?

Also, how do you remove pics/vids from where you have sync them inside itunes if you don't want them anymore?

All help will be greatly appreciated!!
GizzlyAdams022 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:35 PM   #2
danterner
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizzlyAdams022 View Post
I am trying to DL my pics/vids from my iPhone to PC and I was going to just drag and drop as usual by going to My Computer>iPhone>pictures..etc. etc..

But, it's not there? Any suggestions?

Also, how do you remove pics/vids from where you have sync them inside itunes if you don't want them anymore?

All help will be greatly appreciated!!
What operating system are you using on your Desktop?

Try the following, while your iPhone is connected via its USB cable to your computer:

Start-->Devices and Printers

Do you see your iPhone listed as a device, perhaps with a yellow triangle exclamation point next to it? Click on "troubleshoot." Windows will offer to search for a driver. Let it find and install an updated driver. This should solve the problem. Your iPhone should now once again be visible as a drive on your PC.

This presumes you are using Windows 7. May be slightly different on other operating systems.
danterner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:39 PM   #3
GizzlyAdams022
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
What operating system are you using on your Desktop?

Try the following, while your iPhone is connected via its USB cable to your computer:

Start-->Devices and Printers

Do you see your iPhone listed as a device, perhaps with a yellow triangle exclamation point next to it? Click on "troubleshoot." Windows will offer to search for a driver. Let it find and install an updated driver. This should solve the problem. Your iPhone should now once again be visible as a drive on your PC.

This presumes you are using Windows 7. May be slightly different on other operating systems.
I am using Vista..
GizzlyAdams022 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting