Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

classie787

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Perhaps this is a post for the sake of posting, but I have taken a gander at some sample images from a couple online reviews comparing the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4's cameras. A few of the photos I thought the iPhone 4 revealed a bit more detail, but those were the shots I hadn't tinkered with. A few other shots I downloaded the iPhone 3GS' shot and adjusted the exposure (generally lightening the image) and often found them to be at par with the iPhone 4. I'll admit I wasn't looking at original images at full-size (where I'd expect the iPhone 4 might start showing an advantage in terms of detail resolved) but most people I'm assuming would view the photos taken from the Touch either on the Touch itself or as a 4"x6" print.

I personally would rather see a 'quality' camera than one with more megapixels. By that I mean I think I'd be happy at 3.2MP, especially if it wasn't a fixed focus camera (i.e. hoping it has autofocus technology) and perhaps a macro mode as well. I also think it would be nice if the overall saturation could be pulled down quite a bit; the shots I viewed often seemed way oversaturated.

Okay, sorry for this post but thought it might be a topic that hadn't really been beaten to death yet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.