Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:47 PM   #1
mikeo1069
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Status Bar Icon

I keep getting two icons in my status bar and cant figure out what/how it is activated. The icons are a bell with a line thru it (guess is silence) and a speaker icon with three lines coming from it (guess means sound). There is not rhyme or reason when these show. I have to always respring to remove them. Can someone tell me how to stop them from appearing? I have "reminder" installed as well as Lockinfo.

I also am having issues with no ip4 speaker sound(not ringer) and inability to control speaker volume. I play games or ipod and have no sound or volume control. I have to reboot to get sound back. Not sure if this is related to my status icon issues tho.

Last edited by mikeo1069; Aug 31, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
mikeo1069 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:48 PM   #2
scirica
macrumors 68020
 
scirica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
I'd like to know as well because now I keep getting the vibrate icon on my status bar. This is just in the last couple of days. And no, my phone isn't on vibrate.
__________________
- iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n jb
- iPad "3" 32GB ATT/LTE Black iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n jb
- iPad 2 32GB Wifi iOS 6.1
scirica is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:59 PM   #3
tesilential
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1069 View Post
I keep getting two icons in my status bar and cant figure out what/how it is activated. The icons are a bell with a line thru it (guess is silence) and a speaker icon with three lines coming from it (guess means sound). There is not rhyme or reason when these show. I have to always respring to remove them. Can someone tell me how to stop them from appearing? I have "reminder" installed as well as Lockinfo.

I also am having issues with no ip4 speaker sound(not ringer) and inability to control speaker volume. I play games or ipod and have no sound or volume control. I have to reboot to get sound back. Not sure if this is related to my status icon issues tho.

I've played Archetype for like an hour then had the volume mysteriously cut out. And I have no sound in the game itself but I do on the menu screen, this also happened with RealRacing.

I think the phone thinks Ipod is overiding the game music, but I'm not using Ipod.

It is a mystery???
tesilential is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:16 AM   #4
pujols617
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1069 View Post
speaker icon with three lines coming from it
.
You sure its not a phone on top of 2 rows of dots forming lines? If so, thats the TTY Enabled Icon.
pujols617 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:52 AM   #5
phonehead6720
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I have the same issue - can't figure out where this came from, and it is random as when it shows up. Here's pic - thanks.
Attached Images
 
phonehead6720 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:57 AM   #6
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonehead6720 View Post
I have the same issue - can't figure out where this came from, and it is random as when it shows up. Here's pic - thanks.
Are you asking about the blue icon. That is a notification icon. One of your apps has sent a push notification to your phone.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:01 AM   #7
phonehead6720
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Yes the blue icon, which app is controlling whether this is shown? Where can I toggle this off? It looks like a speaker icon. Thanks.
phonehead6720 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:37 AM   #8
pw1500
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oxford, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonehead6720 View Post
I have the same issue - can't figure out where this came from, and it is random as when it shows up. Here's pic - thanks.
This is a lockinfo push notification icon. Go to: settings>lockinfo>plugins>notifications to turn it off.
__________________
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz
iPhone 4 16GB
pw1500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:41 AM   #9
phonehead6720
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Awesome thank you!
phonehead6720 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 09:43 AM   #10
scirica
macrumors 68020
 
scirica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
So here is my "rogue" status bar notification. I'm assuming it's telling me I'm in Vibrate mode, but it's on all the time whether or not the vibrate mode is engaged, either by the hardware switch or by any SBS toggle (I do not have a vibrate mode toggle installed).

Is there any way to turn off one type of statusbar notification? This is irritating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).PNG
Views:	61
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	249486  
__________________
- iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n jb
- iPad "3" 32GB ATT/LTE Black iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n jb
- iPad 2 32GB Wifi iOS 6.1
scirica is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:13 AM   #11
ROCKERDAN
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
So here is my "rogue" status bar notification. I'm assuming it's telling me I'm in Vibrate mode, but it's on all the time whether or not the vibrate mode is engaged, either by the hardware switch or by any SBS toggle (I do not have a vibrate mode toggle installed).

Is there any way to turn off one type of statusbar notification? This is irritating.
I get this Vibration type statusbar icon when i get a YAHOO IM.....not sure if its my notifier(w.reminder) doing this or if it is lockinfo though.

I know i never used to get this a few days ago when i got a Y-IM but i do now...it is OK by me now that i know what it is.
ROCKERDAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:45 PM   #12
scirica
macrumors 68020
 
scirica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKERDAN View Post
I get this Vibration type statusbar icon when i get a YAHOO IM.....not sure if its my notifier(w.reminder) doing this or if it is lockinfo though.

I know i never used to get this a few days ago when i got a Y-IM but i do now...it is OK by me now that i know what it is.
Mine just appeared a few days ago. I don't use Yahoo, so I'm leaning more towards LockInfo. Not a big deal, but it shouldn't be there.
__________________
- iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n jb
- iPad "3" 32GB ATT/LTE Black iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n jb
- iPad 2 32GB Wifi iOS 6.1
scirica is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:34 PM   #13
myriad
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
same here.

I got the same issue exactly. It's irritating me.

http://d.pr/JTws
myriad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:49 PM   #14
sidewinder
macrumors 68020
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by myriad View Post
I got the same issue exactly. It's irritating me.

http://d.pr/JTws
That red speaker-like icon is from the Notifications plugin in LockInfo. You can go here to turn it off:

Settings --> LockInfo --> Plugins --> Notifications --> Status Bar Icon

Set it to off, exit LockInfo, and respring.

S-
__________________
Mac Pro: 8-core 2.8 GHz, 10GB RAM, OS X 10.8.4; iPhone 5 32GB iOS 6.1.2
sidewinder is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:33 AM   #15
myriad
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
That red speaker-like icon is from the Notifications plugin in LockInfo. You can go here to turn it off:

Settings --> LockInfo --> Plugins --> Notifications --> Status Bar Icon

Set it to off, exit LockInfo, and respring.

S-
appreciated that.
Ur comment was very helpful.
I believe your word would be an exact solution for original question.
myriad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:54 PM   #16
Dan4VT
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
What about this icon...

Just the other day after updating some cydia apps on my iPod Touch 3G, the bell icon showed up on my statusbar (see image below). I know it is for the ringer on an iPhone...but this is an iPod touch! Any idea how to get rid of this icon on my statusbar?

http://www.danandrebecca.com/uploads/IMG_0003.PNG
Dan4VT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:13 PM   #17
sidewinder
macrumors 68020
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan4VT View Post
Just the other day after updating some cydia apps on my iPod Touch 3G, the bell icon showed up on my statusbar (see image below). I know it is for the ringer on an iPhone...but this is an iPod touch! Any idea how to get rid of this icon on my statusbar?

http://www.danandrebecca.com/uploads/IMG_0003.PNG
Did you bother to look in LockInfo at all??

That bell icon with a slash through it is from LockInfo. It is displayed when you have the physical switch in silent mode. You can go here to turn it off:

Settings --> LockInfo --> General --> Silent Status Bar Icon

Set it to off, exit LockInfo, and respring.

S-
__________________
Mac Pro: 8-core 2.8 GHz, 10GB RAM, OS X 10.8.4; iPhone 5 32GB iOS 6.1.2
sidewinder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:17 PM   #18
Dan4VT
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Bingo. That was it. Thanks!
Dan4VT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this status bar icon? tobefirst iOS 7 9 Mar 5, 2014 03:35 PM
What does this status bar icon mean? elinks iPhone 2 Aug 3, 2013 02:49 PM
iPhone: Unknown Status Bar Icon markg61326 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 May 27, 2013 12:42 PM
iPhone: How to stop status bar from showing location icon in status bar? Zmanbaseball2 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 7 Apr 11, 2013 07:14 PM
iPhone: Need Help Identifying a Icon on my status bar michaelclaw Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 7 Nov 26, 2012 07:15 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC