Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carbotex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Hi,

I have a 13" white Macbook Core Duo 2.0Ghz (T2500) (July 2006). Recently, I've been getting a lot of drop connections on my wifi. I'm sure it's not the router, because I have been connecting to the same router since forever. 2PCs and an iPad are connected to the same router with no drop connections.

So I'm assuming that there is something wrong with the Airport Card. I did a little research and found AR5BXB72 as a replacement card. When I look for it on ebay, the description says AR5BXB72 cards are for Macbook Pro.

Can someone confirm if I could use AR5BXB72 on my macbook? If not, where can I find the right card to replace mine.

brdnboy

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Hi,

I have a 13" white Macbook Core Duo 2.0Ghz (T2500) (July 2006). Recently, I've been getting a lot of drop connections on my wifi. I'm sure it's not the router, because I have been connecting to the same router since forever. 2PCs and an iPad are connected to the same router with no drop connections.

So I'm assuming that there is something wrong with the Airport Card. I did a little research and found AR5BXB72 as a replacement card. When I look for it on ebay, the description says AR5BXB72 cards are for Macbook Pro.

Can someone confirm if I could use AR5BXB72 on my macbook? If not, where can I find the right card to replace mine.
It should work just fine. The MacBook and MacBook Pro basically use the same card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.