Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 1, 2010, 02:45 AM   #1
toxictaipan
macrumors newbie

iPod showing connect to iTunes screen after hard reset

Hello, everyone.

I was hearing some distortion in my iPod Touch's external speaker when the volume was up all the way. I did a Google search, and one suggestion was to do a "hard reset" by holding down the power button and the home button at the same time and that it might help. I have done this a few times before whenever my iPod would freeze up, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Now whenever I turn it on I see the connect to iTunes screen. I won't have access to iTunes for a few days.

I'm not sure what's going on. I've done hard resets in the past and never experienced any problems. All I did was hold the home button and the power button until the device turned off, released both buttons, gave it a second, and turned it back on with just the power button. Could someone please explain what went wrong so I can avoid this situation in the future?

Also, is there any way for me to fix this from the iPod itself without iTunes? It's not really a big deal as long as everything goes back to normal when I connect to iTunes, but a solution for me to use while I don't have access to iTunes would be preferable.

Thanks for reading,
toxictaipan
toxictaipan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:04 AM   #2
Skyhigh223
Banned

A hard reset wipes everything, I'm sure.

Maybe you're thinking of a soft reset?

Anyway all you can do is wait until you can get back to your computer in a few days. :/
Skyhigh223 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:24 AM   #3
toxictaipan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh223 View Post
A hard reset wipes everything, I'm sure.

Maybe you're thinking of a soft reset?

Anyway all you can do is wait until you can get back to your computer in a few days. :/
Well, that's just what they called it. All I did was hold both the power button and the home button until the iPod turned off. Then I turned it back on normally by using just the power button. I've done some more reading, and I think I'm in recovery mode, but I'm not sure.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I can access iTunes, but since that won't be for a few days, if anyone has any other solutions, I would be most grateful.
toxictaipan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch