Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
UK
How does $99 = £99 !!

I was going to buy one as well - but now I'm not !

Littleman

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
Went onto uk apple store to buy one also. Then came straight onto here to moan :)

£99. Piss right off. Thought £59 maybe £69. Where do they get £99 from. :(

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
UK
Also we don't get Netflix - so we are paying more for less functionality !

nickosbad

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Hopefully it is a universal power supply like the original as I'm gonna be in the USA in 5 weeks

Apple seriously needs to realign some of it's pricing models, either that or admit that the only way they can offer it at the headline price of $99 is to let all the other countries subsidize the US sales!!!

Oh yeah, what on earth were the cheers for when Steve showed the top down view for? Yeah ok it's small but he hadn't even said what it does yet!!

Streaming may prove an issue for lots of people in the uk, I wonder what kind of BB speeds you're gonna have to have?

HolySalami

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Take a look at the page. It shows the VAT and import duties the UK price includes. Those are not included in the US price.

Still the shuffle is $49 converted to £39 so why no difference on a higher product I would expect £79 at most!

nOw2

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
I did choke when I saw that.

Everything is spot on with the new Apple TV - it does exactly what it should.

US$99? Okay, probably £80 tops - I'll got for that.

Credit card came out to order, then the website refreshed and revealed the price.

We get less for more expense. Nope. Card goes back to the safety of my wallet.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Take a look at the page. It shows the VAT and import duties the UK price includes. Those are not included in the US price.

So i know its not Apple's fault but when VAT rises the AppleTV will definitely not be worth it... Christmas present this year i think!!! Not wasting my OWN money on it...! LOL

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
UK
If they had put this at 79 pounds then I would have bought immediately...

But 99 pounds is just taking the p***

Sorry Apple - but no sale from me :mad: this pricing is madness.. !

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
If they had put this at 79 pounds then I would have bought immediately...

But 99 pounds is just taking the p***

Sorry Apple - but no sale from me :mad: this pricing is madness.. !

Your crying over £20?

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Your crying over £20?

No, i think its the principal of the price that is pissing everyone off.... why should we pay more?

Simple question why?

And dont say its sales tax/vat related or shipping etc.... because then the differences in other product pricing would be more closely matched to US from UK.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
No, i think its the principal of the price that is pissing everyone off.... why should we pay more?

Simple question why?

And dont say its sales tax/vat related or shipping etc.... because then the differences in other product pricing would be more closely matched to US from UK.

I dont no why we pay more but the even simpler answer is if you want it get it if you dont then dont! No one is making you spend your money on the thing!

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Before someone else complains about Apples shipping, US customers get free shipping over $50 but in the UK its over £78! Makes me sick!

Stoodo

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
Before someone else complains about Apples shipping, US customers get free shipping over $50 but in the UK its over £78! Makes me sick!

You must lead a charmed life if this is on your list of concerns.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.