Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bass93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Does anybody have any idea of how long it will be before Amazon sells the new iPod Touches? I will be buying one of the new ones, but would like to wait til Amazon gets them, cuz it's usually a little cheaper, and no tax, and free shipping. Anybody have an idea?

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Well they already listed all iPods (save classic) as OLD MODEL, so I imagine it will be relatively soon.

djgeneral

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
I was just about to make this topic. Thanks for making it!

I would imagine the pre-order would be up later tonight.

I want to wait for Amazon as well...I am very excited to get the new iPod, but if it means I can save almost $20 by waiting a few extra days to get for free from Amazon, I can. Plus, $20 is basically the cost of a good case... :)

bass93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
I was just about to make this topic. Thanks for making it!

I would imagine the pre-order would be up later tonight.

I want to wait for Amazon as well...I am very excited to get the new iPod, but if it means I can save almost $20 by waiting a few extra days to get for free from Amazon, I can. Plus, $20 is basically the cost of a good case... :)

Haha, no problem.

Hope so.

Yeah. I'm soooooo pumped! All I wanted was a Retina display, A4 chip, and new design. It's all that and more! :)

bass93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Has anyone had this situation in the past? And if so, how long did it take?

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Has anyone had this situation in the past? And if so, how long did it take?

The current iPod touch says this:
Date first available at Amazon.com: September 9, 2009

Which is the day it was released to everyone. Since this iPod is in pre-orders now, I'm unsure, as I don't believe the iPod touch has been available for pre-order before.

bass93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
The current iPod touch says this:
Date first available at Amazon.com: September 9, 2009

Which is the day it was released to everyone. Since this iPod is in pre-orders now, I'm unsure, as I don't believe the iPod touch has been available for pre-order before.

Yeah, right.

This is true. If I were to guess, I would guess that it will show up there on launch day. I'd like to buy a case when I order it, so as to save on shipping on a case thats under $25. But who knows if cases will be out yet. Guess we'll see.

cmartz8

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
I was also going to start a thread on this, good thing I looked around. Anyways, how much sooner do you think you would receive the ipod if you pre-ordered it directly from apple?

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
amazon + free shipping + no sales tax in CA = WIN

QFT.

I actually bought my 3G at MacConection last year though, as they were actually $10 cheaper than Amazon and still have free shipping and no sales tax in Cali. I'll pricematch them this year when they update their site, to see if they're cheaper as well.

Amazon won't lower the price that much from MSRP for apple stuff

$30 saved is $30 earned.

bass93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Amazon won't lower the price that much from MSRP for apple stuff

No, not that much, but for the 8GB 2nd gen when I bought mine, it was $208 instead of $229. That's worth it to me.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I envy you I get free amazon prime for being a student but I have to pay tax which is about 8.5%..and I plan to get 3 32gb touch..

Try MacConnection, they're the only site I've ever found that's at cheap as Amazon with free shipping (their site isn't updated yet though).

NJMetsHero

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah I just sold a bunch of textbooks back to Amazon so I have a bunch of credit on there that I want to use, so I'll probably get mine off of there. Anyone know if they'll ship the same time as Apple's? I'm going to be home next week so I'd like to get it there if it will be shipped to me some time next week.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I'm very tempted to go through amazon to get one since I have the free 2 day shipping through amazon prime and I have to pay tax either way though amazon charges about a dollar more. Only thing making me hesitate is the earliest delivery date on amazon is the 15th while apple shows the 10th. I might just go with apple since they are usually on par with delivery times (hopefully it comes a day early like the iphone 4 did).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.