Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
is this available yet? I just got an iPhone 4 and Im waiting for my mom to add me a line so i can get it working with a sim, but I'm extremely impatient, so is there a jailbreak out that would activate it without a sim? If so, could you please include the link, or instructions on how to get to it? I've jailbroken old iPhones so I have knowledge of what I'm doing.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
is this available yet? I just got an iPhone 4 and Im waiting for my mom to add me a line so i can get it working with a sim, but I'm extremely impatient, so is there a jailbreak out that would activate it without a sim? If so, could you please include the link, or instructions on how to get to it? I've jailbroken old iPhones so I have knowledge of what I'm doing.

You cannot jailbreak an iPhone 4 until it is activated
And if the iPhone is on 4.0.2, you cannot jailbreak it.
You can jailbreak an activated iPhone on 4.0 or 4.0.1

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
You cannot jailbreak an iPhone 4 until it is activated
And if the iPhone is on 4.0.2, you cannot jailbreak it.
You can jailbreak an activated iPhone on 4.0 or 4.0.1

It's on 4.0, My mom has on idea how to update the software. Why is there not a jailbreak for it without a sim yet? It's been out awhile...

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
It's on 4.0, My mom has on idea how to update the software. Why is there not a jailbreak for it without a sim yet? It's been out awhile...

Because it's a userland JB that require access to safari..

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
I know a few people who have done it through the browser on their phones, but I figure they would have come out with something along the same lines for people who didn't have a sim, since a lot of countries still don't have these phones, but they can buy them over the net, oh well.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I know a few people who have done it through the browser on their phones, but I figure they would have come out with something along the same lines for people who didn't have a sim, since a lot of countries still don't have these phones, but they can buy them over the net, oh well.

They're not going to waste a exploit on a firmware that is already JBable just to help a very small number of users when they could save it for the next firmware..

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I think that's only on the first initial activation.

And the OP wasn't specific about the situation and it hasn't been restored recently since it's on 4.0 or its never had the initial activation. That's kinda why I said "doesn't always work".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.