Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lbel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
I'll try to keep it short but sweet.
So. I bought a new song. i turned on my pc, plugged in my ipod and figured i'd just come back to it later to unplug it, after it had synced. I come back and it says something about..."would you like to transfer and erase?" something like that....if you're reading this to answer it..you probably already know. Anyways. i clicked out of it..the red ex at the top of the box, bc i was too scared to press any other option. i did that, and BAM!! all my music is GONE from my library. It IS still on my ipod...my ipod takes forever to update fortunately, so when I try plugging it in...to manually do it..it won't really sync thank goodness. But, as soon as i unplug it.. I can't do anything. And im too scared to leave it connected while trying to figure our how to manually manage my music, bc im afraid it will wipe everything out! (as friends told me it would.) So, my question is...how do i get my music back onto my library, without deleting it all from my ipod? When i choose 'manually manage music' it doesn't give me and 'dragging' option. i can't drag it to any other place. My boyfriend said i should check off manually manage, then drag it to my library? Well, i cant even do that.

Any guidance will be GREATLY appreciated!
I apologize, I'm a total idiot when it comes to anything Apple!

PS:I've tried going into 'my music' on my computer..and when i click iTunes, it goes directly to my blank library. I AM SOOO LOST!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.