Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 3, 2010, 04:54 AM   #1
badgerman
macrumors 6502a

how to stop itunes auto playing music after import?

Is this possible, could not see it in preferences.

So when import music or movies to itunes on OSX is plays the media after import. This annoys me.
badgerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:08 AM   #2
spinnerlys

Maybe this can help:
http://www.macworld.com/article/1355...nes8prefs.html
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 06:19 AM   #3
blomma
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnerlys View Post
Sadly that setting seems to be a hit and miss, sometimes it stops iTunes from playing while importing but other times not so much. If anything it seems it depends on how you import it. Ripping from CD seems to honor this setting, but importing by DND onto the iTunes windows not so much. But to be honest, even in iTunes 7-8 when that setting was visible it still was buggy.

So to OP, flip that switch and see if it helps, there is sadly not much else you can do at the moment.
blomma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Nero Wolfe
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Nero Wolfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by blomma View Post
Sadly that setting seems to be a hit and miss, sometimes it stops iTunes from playing while importing but other times not so much. If anything it seems it depends on how you import it. Ripping from CD seems to honor this setting, but importing by DND onto the iTunes windows not so much. But to be honest, even in iTunes 7-8 when that setting was visible it still was buggy.

So to OP, flip that switch and see if it helps, there is sadly not much else you can do at the moment.
The only way I've been able to get around this is to use "CMD-O" to import. Once you click that, navigate to where your media files are located. You can select multiple individual files, or the contents of an entire folder. Also, iTunes remembers the last location of import so I just have a folder that I put everything that I want to import and then do CMD-O, then Return and it's pretty fast.

Also, I've never used it but there is a Import to iTunes folder in current versions of iTunes, is there not. This should import items without playing them. Just add it to your dock if you prefer DND...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store